• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

180 On Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Does anyone know anything about the Class 180 that had a fire on board yesterday at Southall? I driver-mate of mine has said, over MSN:

"We had a 180 on fire yesterday at Southall .Its parked up in Hanwell goods loop. Couldn't see any damage"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern

I'd just arrived on P4 when I saw half of the train stuck on the Up Fast. It reversed towards Reading and then came back through and everybody got off it. 2 HSTS, 1 HEX and a 166 passed through on the up slow, leaving everybody already at Southall + all the 180 passengers to cram onto the delayed 14:45 to London Paddington. Finally left around 40 mins late.

clagmonster

Established Member
Demps said:
but it does sound funny
May I ask what you find 'funny' about this incident. While on this occasion, from the other postings, there were no injuries/fatalities, that is not always the case with such incidents. An example is the HST fire at Maidenhead a couple of years back, in which, from memory, there was one fatality and several injuries. I appologise for bringing up pas serious incidents, but I do feel the need to emphasise my point. I also appologise for going off topic slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.