• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

180 On Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Does anyone know anything about the Class 180 that had a fire on board yesterday at Southall? I driver-mate of mine has said, over MSN:

"We had a 180 on fire yesterday at Southall .Its parked up in Hanwell goods loop. Couldn't see any damage"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern

I'd just arrived on P4 when I saw half of the train stuck on the Up Fast. It reversed towards Reading and then came back through and everybody got off it. 2 HSTS, 1 HEX and a 166 passed through on the up slow, leaving everybody already at Southall + all the 180 passengers to cram onto the delayed 14:45 to London Paddington. Finally left around 40 mins late.

clagmonster

Established Member
Demps said:
but it does sound funny
May I ask what you find 'funny' about this incident. While on this occasion, from the other postings, there were no injuries/fatalities, that is not always the case with such incidents. An example is the HST fire at Maidenhead a couple of years back, in which, from memory, there was one fatality and several injuries. I appologise for bringing up pas serious incidents, but I do feel the need to emphasise my point. I also appologise for going off topic slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.