• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

185 Reaches Cleethorpes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sam

I have yet to see one in that Livery. Photos are looking good.

Jordy

Established Member
Be quick, the livery is to be removed soon and replaced by the new squiggley one!! ;)

Thanks for comment

Jordy

Jordy

Established Member
AJP said:
Excellent stuff, sooner the 185 comes the sooner the 158 goes :)

Lol, yes indeed, I dont like 158s, but will be sort of sad to see them go, they've been the start of many great trips for me! Still, I cant wait for the 185s ;) :D:D:D:D

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
AJP said:
Excellent stuff, sooner the 185 comes the sooner the 158 goes :)
Yeah, and standardise our 158/159 fleet, rather than having a mix of 170s. It could benifit us as our 170/3s never seem to be working properley!

Jim

Established Member
Jordy said:
Lol, yes indeed, I dont like 158s, but will be sort of sad to see them go, they've been the start of many great trips for me! Still, I cant wait for the 185s ;) :D:D:D:D

Jordy

Dear o dear, getting them instead of Poor Max in Hull - there will be trouble;) ;) :lol: . On a serious note, very good pictures, the sky was very efective though
--- edited ---
Coxster said:
Yeah, and standardise our 158/159 fleet, rather than having a mix of 170s. It could benifit us as our 170/3s never seem to be working properley!

Sssssshhhhhhh. Don't tell them that :lol: ;)

Jordy

Established Member
Jim said:
Dear o dear, getting them instead of Poor Max in Hull

Its not instead, I believe the original plan was for both routes to have them.

Jordy

David

Established Member
Jordy said:
Its not instead, I believe the original plan was for both routes to have them.

Jordy

IIRC, the original plan was for the 185's to start on the Hull services, then about 6-8 weeks afterwards, to start on the South TPE services.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So I sort of noticed Jordy. Not much of the sun there still though. I'd have used a sarcastic comment on the typical weather being ready to rain on what was quite an interesting event. But that's me.

Jordy

Established Member
WSXFan said:
So I sort of noticed Jordy. Not much of the sun there still though. I'd have used a sarcastic comment on the typical weather being ready to rain on what was quite an interesting event. But that's me.

Lol, honestly, its not always Grim in GRIMsby and district :p;)

Jordy

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Really? Every time I see a shot of Cleethorpes it's either pouring down (as the poor people having to dash up the platform for their 158 would have no doubt been unhappy about!) or just overcast as in your shots.

I'll bet there's thunder, lightning and heavy rain when I visit!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh well, I'll make sure I take an umbrella then! Actually, if I'm predicting lightning when I'm there, maybe that's a bad idea...

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Jordy said:
Whenever there are visitors to Cleethorpes, it rains ;)

You can't really talk, its always grim in Grimsby :lol:

And yes Jim there is going to be trouble. Those SWT 170s better work for us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.