• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1938 tube stock overhaul completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
I don't know if this should be coming under the Railtours and Preservation section but I've read the latest issue of Rail Express and it says there are plans to run the London transport Museum's 1938 tube stock train on the Piccadilly line between Rayners Lane and Acton Town and between Acton Town and Hounslow West in July does anyone have any further information about this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
There is nothing on the internal 6-month look-ahead, except the planned steam operations in July.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Very early planning stage; "9-10 July steam trips High St KEN-Ealing Broadway; TTN100/16 refers".

Don't go rushing to book things just yet! Reliably informed there's "problems with stock", and this date is likely to get postponed...

Dstock7080

Established Member
Looking at the 1938 Stock in Acton Works today, I would say it is far from completion!
Some cars still in the heavy shop lifted off bogies, with much equipment still to reassemble on each car.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Very early planning stage; "9-10 July steam trips High St KEN-Ealing Broadway; TTN100/16 refers".

Confirm this has now been officially cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.