• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1962TS and TRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Hi, (1962)
After seeing this tubefire train at North Acton before Christmas, I was thinking of seeing that unit again, Does anyone knows when does it runs?
I'm thinking of seeing it again, and take some photos of the unit
(TRT)
Does anyone knows, how often does the TRT works and where does it run a lot?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
The TRT tends to hang around in Northfields Depot and is often visible from the opposite side of the road outside Northfields station entrance (have a look over the bridge parapet). Information regarding when and where it runs is pretty much impossible to get hold of unless you work for the company.

What colour was the 1962 unit you saw? It may have been a pilot unit (info here, scroll down).

Julian G

Established Member
Interesting, On ETA for Neasden Northbound Platform 1, it mentions
RICHMOND (via Victoria) 24mins

hmm, i wonder what that is
[EDIT]
Seth said:
Sandite train. God knows where that is now.
Ruslip Depot?

T

Tom

It's normally in Hainault or Ruislip depots, though it occasionally goes over to Lillie Bridge and sometimes (rarely though) can be found at Ealing Common and Northfields.

Julian G

Established Member
Tom said:
It's normally in Hainault or Ruislip depots, though it occasionally goes over to Lillie Bridge and sometimes (rarely though) can be found at Ealing Common and Northfields.
I did see the TRT outside Northfields Depot (northfields side) next to it was some carriage covered in something,
I also saw a 1972Mk1 in the Depot and also something red which could be a 1960TS?
At Boston Manor, I also saw a 1973TS shunting out to the Headshunt and coming back into the depot
How many 1962TS are there left? I remember seeing two before Christmas 2005, and last Tuesday I saw one

(Away for a Week in Warsaw)

Met Driver

Established Member
The 72mkI you saw will eventually replace the current track recording train and is currently undergoing conversion. The red unit you saw was Cravens Heritage Trains' 60ts and is undergoing maintenance of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.