• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1986 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have taken a few pictures of the 1986 stock (the green train) from Acton's open day back at the 3rd of march with the intention to make a new BVE 4 train. In case you did'nt know, the 1986 stock was a prototype stock for the then future Central Line trains, which we know now as the 92 stock.

After fiddling with the pictures and performance files, I managed to make this :) Im not sure whether the handle will be animated or not as it seems a bit difficult due to the grounds that I didnt take pictures of the handle in different positions in the first place. However, the traction current, tripcock override and door lamps will be animated.

Comments welcome! :)

86stock1ob2.jpg

j4100012xv3.jpg

This the actual train itself at Acton Depot- the green one. (Thanks to memorex for this picture)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
The cab layout was derived from the 83 stock which itself was derived from the D78 stock. There are only a few minor alterations. The 1992TS cab is very different however.

Good work there! Even if it is animated, it's sure to be a good train!

Thanks for the comments so far. :)

I will probably need some technical performance data of this train, if anyone has them would they please let me know. Thanks

hinko

looks bril,but yes it could do with seeing more of the cab and instruments.cheers hinko

D306

Established Member
BVE is much better than MSTS. does MSTS have AWS, TPWS, DRA? no. Is the main program for MSTS free? no. BVE is much better than MSTS. sure you've only got one view, but BVE is free.

To be honest, I've not done any work on the train since I have made this post as I dont have the performance data or the nessasary sounds for it.

Im now part of the BVE Jubilee Line team working on the Stanmore-Finchley Road section of the BVE 4 Jubilee Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.