• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1989/90 Kings Cross - double blunt end 91

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,
Always knew I took a pic of this, just found it! Quality or view not great admittedly but not seen another pic of this sort of thing.

No idea of date but likely 89/90 and probably a Saturday morning. All coupled up.

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_185340.jpg
    IMG_20190307_185340.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 302
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
looks like 2 class 91s coupled up to a dvt or another 91
It's the south end of Kings Cross and they're coupled to the DVT, so the carriage rake's the right way round at least. That's a very rare capture: I've very occasionally seen a pair of 91s leading at the north end, presumably to avoid a light engine movement or due to failure of the train loco before departure from Kings Cross, but I've never seen a shot of a pair of 91s working blunt end first before! Perhaps a combination of a TDM or AWS fault on the DVT, plus a requirement to return a loco from Leeds to Bounds Green for whatever reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.