• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1A33 Chester>Euston 10/08 (VT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Here's a simple question (hopefully!): is the 1A33 1235 Virgin Trains service from Chester to London Euston on the 10th August (a Friday) operated by a Voyager or a Pendolino (or even the Pretendolino - I may sound stupid asking, I know!)? OpenTrainTimes seems to think it is DMU operated. Virgin couldn't tell me over the phone when I booked my reserved seat.

The reason I ask is because I want to see if the seat I have been randomly allocated is very good or very bad! I know which seat number and coach it is, and I have the seating plan in front of me, so I can tell as soon as I know the class/type of train.

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Should be a Voyager, maybe a double set. No 390s make it beyond Crewe except for the Saturday morning train, and the Pretendolino I don't think has ever been up there.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Here's a simple question (hopefully!): is the 1A33 1235 Virgin Trains service from Chester to London Euston on the 10th August (a Friday) operated by a Voyager or a Pendolino (or even the Pretendolino - I may sound stupid asking, I know!)? OpenTrainTimes seems to think it is DMU operated. Virgin couldn't tell me over the phone when I booked my reserved seat.

The reason I ask is because I want to see if the seat I have been randomly allocated is very good or very bad! I know which seat number and coach it is, and I have the seating plan in front of me, so I can tell as soon as I know the class/type of train.

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot :)

It will certainly be a Voyager :)
Hope you have a nice journey
Adam :D

Welshman

Established Member
How's that for service!!
You post at 2205, and by 2207, 3 of us have given you the answer! :D :D

tsr

Established Member
How's that for service!!
You post at 2205, and by 2207, 3 of us have given you the answer! :D :D

That's just what I was about to say! Unfortunately, you've all confirmed my fears of a windowless seat by the aisle with no plug socket, so I shall probably hunt around looking for a better one. Nonetheless, thanks again to everyone - and I shall try to make it a good trip despite the setback, Adam!

calc7

Established Member
I would recommend you find a seat in Coach D. You'll know why when you get there. ;)

MCR247

Established Member
Isn't that used as First class on Chester runs?

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Yep all table seats bar a few, better seats power sockets. Thing is most often than not people try to reserve that coach (including myself) and pretty much every seat there is reserved. Sorry to break your bubble tsr but I don't think you'll find an unreserved seat in coach d

Status
Not open for further replies.