• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1A40 Penzance to Paddington GWR sleeper in trouble (19/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bus man

I would also have been happy. Pity the crystal ball wasn’t working Sunday

The stock for tonight’s Penzance to Padd sleeper is heading westwards as 5C99

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
The opportunity of two Laira 08's in the book?! :o I'd probably be the only passenger happy of that failure :lol:

Only one was used to haul the train back to Plymouth. It then failed whilst running round in Plymouth station after passengers were transferred to an HST.

The second 08 hauled the failed 57, failed 08 and stock to Laira.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Only one was used to haul the train back to Plymouth. It then failed whilst running round in Plymouth station after passengers were transferred to an HST.

The second 08 hauled the failed 57, failed 08 and stock to Laira.

The 08 having hauled through Mutley Tunnel at approx 3 mph blew it's coolant out on arrival at Plymouth

On Moderation
The opportunity of two Laira 08's in the book?! :o I'd probably be the only passenger happy of that failure :lol:
You'd have been disappointed. Believe it was one 08 to the rescue, which then failed when it was running round the stock at Plymouth.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Oh sorry misunderstood that, I thought the second 08 was assisting into Plymouth with passengers on. Only would have got two in the book as a staff member then :lol:

Still need the Laira 08's, if I win the lottery I'll buy a thousand tickets from Penzance to Paddington and travel on it each night until a 57 goes bang! Even the Penzance 08 would be a line in the book

Temple Meads

Established Member
Oh sorry misunderstood that, I thought the second 08 was assisting into Plymouth with passengers on. Only would have got two in the book as a staff member then :lol:

Still need the Laira 08's, if I win the lottery I'll buy a thousand tickets from Penzance to Paddington and travel on it each night until a 57 goes bang! Even the Penzance 08 would be a line in the book

You should've done the SDR gala at the start of the month then - 08644 was there!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

If you won the lottery, it might be a better idea to just charter something and specify the 08s for a shunt?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I suppose with that money you could charter all the GW 08's!

Tim - yes I am aware I couldnt make it, thanks for rubbing it in :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.