• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1C87 Paddington - Penzance Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Can someone check which exact route it took for me please. I am currently waiting for this train at the station and it would seem that live departure boards lost track of it after Reading and picked it up again outside Taunton.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Looks like there are signalling problems in the Reading West area so 1C87 was probably diverted via Swindon, Bath & Bristol.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It was booked via the Berk & Hants, but from what I can see I think it's come via Swindon and Bristol Temple Meads. Signalling problems between Reading and Taunton I believe, 18 down at Reading, lost another 15 before Taunton.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks guys. Looks like we're going to miss our last connection so FGW are putting on taxis.

Established Member
At Tiverton it was being announced as 118 late as it was rolling into the platform!! Just 33 late

sonic2009

Established Member
Where are you heading to? Problems around Penzance area by the looks of it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

TEW

Established Member
Diverted via Bath and Bristol due to a points failure at Southcote Junction. Earlier problems in West Cornwall were caused by 1A91 failing just before Redruth with a loss of air.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Did 1A91 get turned around at Reading?

Where are you heading to? Problems around Penzance area by the looks of it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Newquay. Missed the last train from Par by miles so FGW laid on a taxi from St Austell, for all of three of us.

TEW

Established Member
1A91 did terminate at Reading, probably went ECS to Old Oak Common though, don't see any other service starting at Reading.

CC 72100

Established Member
That was a dispatch incident involving 1C85 at Redruth.

Ah right. I heard reports too of a train losing air and the brakes jamming on between Redruth and Truro - that wasn't was it?

There were a lot of 'I'm sorry to announce...'s about last night. I did 1C86 to Plymouth, about 45 late off Exeter at the same time as the train I would have orginally done, IC87 (18:20 - 18:25). Came back with 1A35, but that was spot on time :)

louis97

Established Member
Ah right. I heard reports too of a train losing air and the brakes jamming on between Redruth and Truro - that wasn't was it?

Yes, that is also true - 1A91 (1400 Penzance - Paddington) suffered a brake application between Camborne and Redurth and was unable to release them for some time - It terminated at Reading, i'd imagine due to train crew needing to return back to the South West.

CC 72100

Established Member
Yes, that is also true - 1A91 (1400 Penzance - Paddington) suffered a brake application between Camborne and Redurth and was unable to release them for some time - It terminated at Reading, i'd imagine due to train crew needing to return back to the South West.

Ah yes, just read that now earlier on in the thread. Whoops! :oops:

mralexn

That can not be, as the guard that works that is a Penzance guard as far as exeter then a Paddington guard takes it through to London,
There however is a Plymouth Based customer host on board that service, so I would imagine he / she would have jumped ship anyway at Reading as they work the 2035 PAD - PLY,

TEW

Established Member
The set might have needed to go directly on to Old Oak Common for repairs. Terminating the train at Reading is much less disruptive than terminating it at Plymouth to go on to Laira because of the number of other services available.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Another day of mayhem down the South West last night. 1C87 was yet again late and missed the connection onto the last train (2N12) to Newquay at Par. I was on 2N12 and there was only one other passenger onboard, so we had one carriage each (150265). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.