• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1F05 0637 London St. Pancras to Scarborough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Hi,

I'm desperately need an answer to this as I am going York next Saturday. So here's the question; does anyone know if this service will be operated by a HST or Meridian?

Thanks.

(Apologise if put in wrong thread)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Hi,

I'm desperately need an answer to this as I am going York next Saturday. So here's the question; does anyone know if this service will be operated by a HST or Meridian?

Thanks.

(Apologise if put in wrong thread)

It will be a Meridian, probably a 7 car. If you're after HST action to York you'd be best with East Coast or Grand Central.

(PS you're in exactly the right part of the forum)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Established Member
As far as I know, it has been a Meridian for the past 3 or 4 years. The York working is quite good as the staff get a day out before returning south.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
It's a five car meridian.

It is definately booked a 5 car 222, the York service on a Sunday is a 7 car however.

For the last couple of weeks I'm fairly sure the Saturday meridian has been a 7 car

The last few times I have seen the Saturday Meridian stabled at York it has been a 7 car, last year if I remember correctly it was a 5 car when it worked to York, and then 7 for the summer extension to Scarborough.

I'm pretty certain there isnt a EMT service to York on Sundays.

Related question, does anyone know how EMT crews go about signing to Scarborough? Are they route conducted, or is there a mass refresher programme underway?

Crossover

Established Member
I photted a Meridian at Scarborough last August. It was 222 020, so a 5 car set.

That day, it used Platform 2 :)

calc7

Established Member
As far as I know, it has been a Meridian for the past 3 or 4 years. The York working is quite good as the staff get a day out before returning south.

However with the weather being what it's been like for the last 6 weeks a "day out" typically means a "day in". <D

shedman

A nice day out in Scarborough too!!

eastwestdivide

Established Member
The EMT service on a Sunday starts from Leicester at 1005.
http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/C03254/2012/5/27

Was in the timetable at least as far back as Dec 2005 (1010 Leic-York)
Did the Midland Mainline 170s ever work to York or Scarborough?

EDIT
Answering my own question, and another:
170 on Scarborough service here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/5470883956/
and at Scarborough here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32978671@N08/3269269658/

HST on Scarborough service (assuming the caption's right) here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47841/7036075123/

Last edited:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Has the Scarborough train ever run as a HST?

As far as I'm aware it was always booked a DMU, but sometimes ran as an HST at busy times during the summer holidays. There was a special 'valenta farewell' railtour a few years ago which ran to Scarborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.