• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1J15 Birmingham International to Aberystwyth and Pwllheli 25/06/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbornite

Established Member
This service is due to split at Machynlleth with one portion heading to Aberystwyth and one to Pwllheli, as usual. However, the service only had two coaches today. Does this service connect with another 158 at Machynlleth but this seems unlikely. Is this a glitch with realtimetrains or the timetable or something? Answers on a postcard thanks.

27803738802_7e900c6c0f_c.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
It appears it does run as a spilt service, would be interested to know where the stock came from? Possibly off the depot?

Harbornite

Established Member
It appears it does run as a spilt service, would be interested to know where the stock came from? Possibly off the depot?
Maybe, although RTT shows no ecs workings. Would these run under the radar, so to speak?

Zoidberg

Established Member
No worries. Was it the same issue?

It was a service which ran non-stop through Wellington around 1230 (usually stops).

Research showed it was cancelled on one of the east bound legs and ran, maybe 40 mins late.

Don't know if it was two or four car.

Wondered if that was what you saw on its way back.

But that was on Friday.

Harbornite

Established Member
It was a service which ran non-stop through Wellington around 1230 (usually stops).

Research showed it was cancelled on one of the east bound legs and ran, maybe 40 mins late.

Don't know if it was two or four car.

Wondered if that was what you saw on its way back.

But that was on Friday.

Realtimetrains occasionally messes up these things. The other day, it showed a light engine move heading towards Bromsgrove through Barnt Green when in reality it was heading towards Birmingham.

Zoidberg

Established Member
Realtimetrains occasionally messes up these things. The other day, it showed a light engine move heading towards Bromsgrove through Barnt Green when in reality it was heading towards Birmingham.

Ah, this was a service I saw run through Wellington. I knew a train was not due at that time so took a look at National Rail Enquiries and Realtimetrains to see what it was.

Harbornite

Established Member
Ah, this was a service I saw run through Wellington. I knew a train was not due at that time so took a look at National Rail Enquiries and Realtimetrains to see what it was.

I can't see it on rtt, what time was it?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
No doubt a fresh 158 for Pwllheli from Machynlleth. After all, that's where their Depot is. There have been a lot of short formeds lately but a set has been available at Machynlleth to run to Pwllheli. If the Depot moves at Machynlleth were to be shown on RTT, a short notice one such as this would probably not have been shown anyway.

postye

There was a 150/158 combo last night on the 1809 Birmingham International-Aberystwyth .
I'm assuming the 150 was detached at Shrewsbury

150245/158825 if anybody intersted

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
There was a 150/158 combo last night on the 1809 Birmingham International-Aberystwyth .
I'm assuming the 150 was detached at Shrewsbury

150245/158825 if anybody intersted

It would have to be. No assumption required. It would have worked up to Birmingham from Holyhead. In fact, 1J27 booked to detach at Shrewsbury and forward 2 Cars to Aberystwyth,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.