• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1L05 from Cardiff to Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddlesnap419

I need to travel to London on the 10th May 2016, and I need to be there as early as possible. I'm looking on Realtime Trains and the earliest service leaving Cardiff for Paddington is the 1L05, leaving at 05:12 and arriving at 07:30. However, when attempting to book a ticket on this train, it does not appear on any of the booking sites that I have tried, and suggests that the earliest service leaves at 05:55. This is true for Trainline, RedSpottedHanky, Arriva Trains Wales and GWR. Can anyone explain why this is and if possible how I can get an advance for the 05:12?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Very odd. This service is shown as "Runs as Required" so may not run on that day, and the days before/after in that week it shows the same or running, but as an "Unadvertised" service akin to a private charter! Might be worth tweeting/emailing/calling GWR to get someone to fix it (probably on Monday morning is your best bet) as if this train is going to run, it should be put in permanently!

N Levers

1L05 has two paths in the WTT timetable. One direct between Bridgend and Cardiff and a secondary 'Q path' via Barry for when there is engineering work between Bridgend and Cardiff (also can be used for route retention).

In this case it appears the normal train is cancelled http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C50597/2016/05/10/advanced and the Q path hasn't been correctly activated by GWR train planning.

paddlesnap419

Thanks everyone. I've mentioned this to GWR on Facebook and they're telling me that the earliest service shown on their system is at 5:55. If the train path hasn't been activated yet, I'll keep an eye out to see when it is activated or if they've decided they're not running the train.

Thanks again all.

father_jack

It is 100% running (via Barry) and should appear in retail systems tomorrow. It appeared in the train planning system this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.