• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1m Distancing and Railtours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Will 1m social distancing mean all seats on railtours would be available? Or do we need total normality before any railtours hit the rails again?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
They must be hopeful they will be able to run in some form as I had an email from one railtour operator late yesterday afternoon advertising that their pre Christmas trips are booking now. (I just sent them an email to make a reservation) another one is advertising trips from August through to late December too. I suppose in 2nd class they could book 2 out of 4 seats round each table, so for example, book one window facing and opposite one aisle back to the loco, then across the gangway, an aisle facing and opposite a window back? Not sure if they would be allowed to offer any type of catering on board or if they would allow passengers to take their own food and drink on board and if face masks would need to be worn.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Saphos Trains are expecting to run steam hauled railtours again from July 15th, starting with 'The Fellsman' between Crewe and Carlisle over the Settle & Carlisle line, with the following additional measures in place as described on their website:
  • For your peace of mind, and to conform with social distancing requirements the total number of passengers on each train will be reduced by around 40% with clear Perspex screens fitted between seats. A maximum of 4 passengers will be allocated seats across each bay of 6. Additionally, throughout the journey there will be an enhanced level of housekeeping in the lavatories and in the actual carriages the shelves, handles and doors will be regularly cleaned along with hand sanitisers being available for use by passengers at each entrance doorway.

dan4291

I've been getting emails for weeks about the Jacobite steam train starting up next month between Fort William and Mallaig so it looks like it'll be definitely possible.

sprinterguy

Established Member
And at the other end of the spectrum, Birmingham based Vintage Trains have stated that they will focus on the engineering side of their business at Tyseley and keeing their house in order, before they run any more mainline trains starting from April next year.

CW2

Established Member
It appears that Saphos Trains will be operating an entirely First Class rake of coaches, suitably modified. They don't appear to be offering any Standard tickets for sale.

Bedpan

Established Member
A new three times a day tourist service between Skipton and Appleby is to run from 20th July. Window seats only and perspex screens between each seating bay, giving 128 seats per train. Sounds just what the doctor ordered! See https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/11966/new-settle-carlisle-luxury-charter-train-announced/ (Hope I've done the link right!)

In fact I've just noticed that there's another thread all about it here:-
https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...-trains-between-skipton-appleby.205811/unread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.