• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1S51- 11:03 Birmingham to Glasgow C

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have any information about this afternoon's 1S51 - 11:03 Birmingham to Glasgow C Virgin Voyager service?

It is simply showing up (or at least was) just displaying "No Report" on the nationalrail website, so I don't know how it's doing.

Any information would be very helpful.
Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Yes, I think it's been cancelled personally. I went out to look for it, for a minute or two, but I was deterred by the heavy rain. I would've normally waited for it to come for a while, but because I knew It's probablly not running anyway, I didn't wait around much.

How do 220/221s GPS systems work anyway?

Edit: Does anyone know If any of the first two Voyager services (09:03/11:03 Birmingham to Glasgow) return with the same unit/s on either of the last two services back from Glasgow?

O well.. That's one service which has probablly been cancelled. Doesn't stop me from seeing even more though ;) I'm now going to go & see a 57+390 combo on the 11:53 Carlisle to Euston.

nutter

I don't know how they work but I believe they control the destination + stops scrolling screens so as long as the train crew set the right route the screens should be correct. I think it would also send a message to NRE's HQ letting them know wheer the train is for up-to-date info.

Generally GPS systems work by sending radio waves to 3 or more satallites and then works out the time for the reply fom all the available satillites and so can pinpoint the position of the Transmitter/Reciver. They can just work off two sats but the accuracy wont be very great as it will only have a 2D picture of where you are rather than a 3D picture. The more sats available the more info the GPS set gets so the more accurate it will be.

andel

the GPS in a 220/221 is for its onboard diagnostics use... the NR website uses reports from line-side equipment. This is why the Cambrian Line and Heart of Wales have weird time reports because of the long gap between token requests.

1103 to GLC suffered a Air con fault in one of the cabs. It ran around at birmingham, via dudley port and somewhere else. so the cab was at the back

voyagerdude220

Established Member
o, did it still run then? Which unit/s formed the service, or at least should have?

changed ends at wolves, divert via dudley port, soho road and bescot to stafford

It was about 50 late leaving crewe. It also ran around at preston to bury the cab in the middle of the sets

voyagerdude220

Established Member
So Which unit/s did I miss?

Also, could somebody possibly get hold of gen for tomorrow's S&C 220/221/57+390 diversions, because I'll be away from them till the evening, and just watching them from home when I get back?

Many thanks to anyone who can inform me of what I miss.

Voyager Dude 220

Status
Not open for further replies.