• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1S82 Euston to Glasgow VTWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

This is the only 'through' passenger service at Carlisle due in at 19:30. I understand that this will stop at Carlisle from the new timetable in May. I therefore decided to visit the station and get a video of it on the 21st April.

Now I had heard on the grapevine that despite being a 'through' train it does in fact stop but the doors do not open. This certainly proved to be the case on the 21st.

Can anyone tell me if this is always the case? Is it for a crew change, then if so why have they never allowed passengers to get on or off, or was it just being held by the signal and on other occasions does in fact go straight through?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've done it twice in the last few weeks (including yesterday) and it did not stop on either occasion.

sdrennan

I have been on this and it never stopped at all. Slowed down as speed limit is 20

It has stopped many times due to people accidentally getting on the train. If you end up at Glasgow you will have missed the last train back

thenorthern

Established Member
Occasionally the 0700 Manchester Piccadilly to Euston does the same at Stoke-on-Trent which normally runs non-stop.

If the preceding train from Euston to Glasgow Central is cancelled then I would think they would add Carlisle as an additional stop on 1S82 to make up up for it.

Condor7

Oh well I looks like I picked the wrong night, I can see another trip to Carlisle coming up. Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.