• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1S90, 17:10 London Euston - Glasgow Central Tuesday 02.02.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Many apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, I have looked and done the search to see if I could find anything.
I note from RTT yesterday that 1S90, 17:10 London Euston - Glasgow Central, departed Euston at 16:57 remaining running early (including a 13 minute early departure from Milton Keynes Central) to Roade and then presumably waited at Weeden and arrived at Nuneaton (sched. 18:09) at 18:11. 2 minutes late (RTT says 1 minute).
Ironically because off the Lockerbie situation it was held at Carlisle from 20:51 until 22:14 arriving at Glasgow Central 23:36, 88 late.
Anyone know why the early departure from London Euston?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

berneyarms

Established Member
I think there’s a glitch in RTT around that time.

It seems to be ascribing actual times on the lower part of the WCML to of an earlier train to a later one.

Otherwise there are lot of trains going early!

Attachments

• 3599CF25-AFA2-43B0-8550-B54804698299.png
    3599CF25-AFA2-43B0-8550-B54804698299.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 38

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
No it isn't a glitch, WCML trains have been retimed to depart London Euston earlier to accomidate for the extra time required to divert via Northampton as the down fast between Wolverton and Rugby is closed due to a landslip for the forseeable future. Its likely RTT hadn't updated to reflect the earlier timings, or the times were being handled by control so wouldn't have gone downstream into RTT for that particular day.

IrishDave

I think there’s a glitch in RTT around that time.

It seems to be ascribing actual times on the lower part of the WCML to of an earlier train to a later one.

Otherwise there are lot of trains going early!
No, there are lots of trains running early - based on the times on RTT. The Avanti website has been updated:

Basically everything has to divert via Northampton, but the diversions haven't made it to RTT yet - so the revised paths, which depart Euston earlier to meet the existing path north of Rugby, aren't shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.