• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1st catering this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

I've got two 1st advance tickets on Virgin this weekend - GLC-EUS on Friday and EUS-EDB on Monday. Does anybody know what the catering situation is going to be?

I think both days are bank holidays in England, but only Friday in Scotland. So I assume it'll be snacks-only, but am I wrong?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Given that the railway counts Good Friday as a Bank Holiday, and in the absence of business travel which makes up the bulk of First Class profits, I am 99% sure it will be a weekend service. I can't find a quote on the VT website, sadly.

Confirmed from Virgin that it's just weekend service both days. Which is a shame, I do like their evening meal!

Thanks guys.

dk1

Veteran Member
Only time you might get lucky is on bank holidays such as the additional ones for the Royal Wedding or Diamond Jubilee. Virgin Trains then tend to do a full 1st class service for a £25 supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.