• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1st Class Caledonian sleeper supplement with STD ALR

Status
Not open for further replies.

159jim

Hi

Bit of a silly question, but I just found a 50 quid Caledonian sleeper supplement from EUS to ABD, which I think is a good deal. However, is it possible to buy this with a standard class all line rover I would I need a first class version?

Thanks,
Jim.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There are three ways you can travel on the Caledonian Sleeper with a Standard Class ALR:

- In the seated coach which is free (although technically you should get a reservation)
- In a shared berth (ie. you have to share with a person of the same sex unless the sleeper is lightly loaded and you end up getting a twin berth to yourself). This costs £44.20 for the berth.
- Exclusive use of a Standard Class berth (ie. you get a standard twin berth compartment but don't have to share) costing £62.70. Note that there appear to be fewer of these since Serco took over the sleeper.

If you have a 1st Class ticket (which a Standard Class ALR is not) then you can purchase a 1st class berth supplement for £50 which gives exclusive use of a 1st class berth.

The only difference between a 1st class berth and and exclusive use of a standard compartment (apart from the price) is that in 1st class the top berth is folded away, you get breakfast included and you get a complimentary amenity kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.