• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1st Class on Northern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I'm sure this has been answered already, but where a service (in this case Manchester Picc to Blackpool North) offers 1st Class, does this mean it is an ex-TPE train?

Edit: I'm guessing not, as it is giving me Coach F.

Puzzled :|

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'm sure this has been answered already, but where a service (in this case Manchester Picc to Blackpool North) offers 1st Class, does this mean it is an ex-TPE train?

Edit: I'm guessing not, as it is giving me Coach F.

Puzzled :|

Im not too sure either but i imagine that it would be worked by a class 185 unit.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
There were on the Barrow line when I used it shortly after transfer to Northern from TPE (on a 1st Advance). The service was basically identical to TPE days, with freebies etc.
Interesting, were these Northern or TPE catering staff?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
ATW don't. They had the cheek to exploit a loophole and shaft their catering staff badly.

trainophile

Established Member
I was actually coming back from BPN to MAN in 1st, timings didn't work out on my way up.

I asked the guard, and he told me that none of the Northern services have catering on that route. Oh well, it was only a few quid dearer than Standard, and I had a table to myself all the way :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.