• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1V18 1530 Manchester-Cardiff Sunday 22 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gman

Established Member
Anyone know what happened to this today? RTT seems to have it right time to Crewe; stood there and left 20 late, 40 late by Leominster and formed of 2x153 o_O

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If it’s 2x 153 (inadequate at the best of times) it could also be extended dwell times due to the amount of people struggling to get on and off, many of whom will have luggage - looks like it’s taking 2-3 minutes extra per station stop

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Firstly waiting delayed traincrew. There were no cases of lengthy dwell times, not following any other trains so the pair of 153s struggling would be the reason

There were no cases of lengthy dwell times, not following any other trains so the pair of 153s struggling would be the reason

I noticed that a few weeks back on a pair heading the other way on (what was technically) a west Wales - Manc.

On time departure from Cardiff (I believe replacing a very late inbound from W. Wales), was already 30min late when we got off at Shrewsbury.

Just longer stops, struggling, and what I put down to loosing some time due to 75mph top speed, but 80 & 90mph sections.

sd0733

Established Member
If it’s 2x 153 (inadequate at the best of times) it could also be extended dwell times due to the amount of people struggling to get on and off, many of whom will have luggage - looks like it’s taking 2-3 minutes extra per station stop
The previous 2 services were cancelled (both also pairs of 153s!) so its almost guaranteed that the majority of the time lost would be at stations. Ive noticed from my own trains that some timings down there arent 100% accurate on RTT. A pair.of 153s with no extended dwell times would generally lose around 10mins on a Manchester to Cardiff.

daodao

Established Member
Cardiff-Manchester services used to be run by class 155 trains (effectively 2x class 153) in the late 1980s/early 1990s, until replaced by class 158 trains. They seemed to cope with the traffic then and I don't recall them losing time. They were faster and more frequent than the previous Mk1 locomotive hauled trains (typically class 33).

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Cardiff-Manchester services used to be run by class 155 trains (effectively 2x class 153) in the late 1980s/early 1990s, until replaced by class 158 trains. They seemed to cope with the traffic then and I don't recall them losing time. They were faster and more frequent than the previous Mk1 locomotive hauled trains (typically class 33).

The 155s were max speed of 75 mph and this continued on into the 153s. On many of the services that pairs of 153s are working now (those that are booked are timed at 75pmh) they are expected to maintain 158/175 timings of 90 mph

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Looking on Trust...
21 min delay at Crewe "Toc Other"
7 minutes lost between Nantwich and Wem due to "Misc Object."
3 minutes lost approaching Shrewsbury regulated for 2J18

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I saw the inbound. 2 heaps of excrement not fit for passenger use solo in 2021.

Established Member
I saw the inbound. 2 heaps of excrement not fit for passenger use solo in 2021.
But still more luxurious (2 bogs) and spacious (more seats) than TfW's 150 excrement that makes it to Manchester on this inter_itty route ;)

TFW... Two F :rf: Wagons :(

Caaardiff

But still more luxurious (2 bogs) and spacious (more seats) than TfW's 150 excrement that makes it to Manchester on this inter_itty route ;)

TFW... Two F :rf: Wagons :(
Unlikely the luxury of 2 bogs, TfW will usually have a PRM mod 153 attached to a 153 without a PRM toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.