• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1V66 XC 14:08 Edinburgh - Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooky3

Looking to travel on this service a week today, is this train a double set because of the 13:06 being an HST, meaning that a spare set is available or is it just a 4/5 car voyager?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I caught this train recently and it was a 5-car Voyager. I do recall one of the trains around that time used to be a double-Voyager but it may be the one an hour later and it may not be any more.

hooky3

this train was a double set untill February but changed to a five car while weekend engineering works went on, but the engineering works have stopped now so that is why I am wondering if it is a double set again

louis97

Established Member
No this service is a booked a single 221.

The service which would form 1V64 on a friday is only a single unit and this returns to Craigentinny, as 1 extra unit leaves there on a Friday monday as 1V52 is a double unit - however this has not been the case the past few fridays because of weekend engineering works.

hooky3

thanks i just thought that without the engineering works this weekend that services would go back to normal like they were in January

TEW

Established Member
No this service is a booked a single 221.

The service which would form 1V64 on a friday is only a single unit and this returns to Craigentinny, as 1 extra unit leaves there on a Friday monday as 1V52 is a double unit - however this has not been the case the past few fridays because of weekend engineering works.

1 extra arrives on a Thursday night though off 1S47, the 1125 Plymouth to Dundee which is a double set all the way to Dundee on Thursdays. Plymouth would be short of a set of Fridays if 1V66 was a single.

hooky3

1 extra arrives on a Thursday night though off 1S47, the 1125 Plymouth to Dundee which is a double set all the way to Dundee on Thursdays. Plymouth would be short of a set of Fridays if 1V66 was a single.

in that case could anything turn up?

louis97

Established Member

Plymouth dosent end up short, as 1V52 leaves one set down there.

hooky3

with it being a 5 car does anyone know if this service can be busy between Edinburgh and Leeds?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
with it being a 5 car does anyone know if this service can be busy between Edinburgh and Leeds?
If you're boarding at Edinburgh you will not have any issues getting a seat. Coach B is unreserved.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Its strengthened to 2x220 today between Edinburgh and Bristol so shouldn't be a problem.
If the reserved portion is at the front, the first 4 coaches will be sardine tin conditions between Leeds & Wakefield (but you'd easily get a seat at the rear!:lol:)

hooky3

thanks for the information guys, i managed to get a reservation in coach C but I would rather sit in the back set to get a table seat, my ticket says "Valid only with reservation". Would I get in trouble for sitting in the wrong coach?

Established Member
No, unless the train manager/guard/conductor asks you to move for some reason. Never happened to me but if they asked I'd move.

Status
Not open for further replies.