• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1Z51 Class 37 x 2 Railtour Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
After finding out about the Class 37 railtour last night, I went out to phot it. I managed to get a video of it as it roared passed where I was linesiding:

http://www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/100_0504.mov (7.24MB)

Comments please?

PS: Rix Rail Pix is closed at the moment as various galleries have been lost due to a server failure last week :(. I hope to get all galleries back soon! ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
You appear to be between the tracks and the fence. See the attached image. I have put red lines on the right of what appear to be fence posts. If you look at the video carefully you can see them.

Attachments

• Fence.jpg
    Fence.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 29

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
You appear to be between the tracks and the fence. See the attached image. I have put red lines on the right of what appear to be fence posts. If you look at the video carefully you can see them.

Yeah...I was on the other side of the fence...?

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
Yeah...I was on the other side of the fence...?
By climbing over the fence you were trespassing and putting yourself in danger. I bet you had no safety gear on anyway. What would you have done if you'd have fallen down the embankment onto the tracks and badly hurt yourself?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
By climbing over the fence you were trespassing and putting yourself in danger. I bet you had no safety gear on anyway. What would you have done if you'd have fallen down the embankment onto the tracks and badly hurt yourself?

I was perfectly safe, and was in no danger. Yes, I was 'tresspassing', but did no harm to myself, to anyone else, and caused no problems in anyway! I did infact caused a fair few bashers to hang out of the windows with their arms up like they do! :razz:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Rich said:
I was perfectly safe, and was in no danger. Yes, I was 'tresspassing', but did no harm to myself, to anyone else, and caused no problems in anyway! I did infact caused a fair few bashers to hang out of the windows with their arms up like they do! :razz:

NEVER trespass on railway property. End of!!

Coxster

Established Member
I'm afraid it doesn't matter exactly what you think you did, ultimately you have trespassed deliberately. RailUK does not condone any form of trespass.

jonb

Established Member
50149 said:
NEVER trespass on railway property. End of!!

I second that, sorry mate but that is a stupid thing to do for one vid/phot...

devon_metro

Established Member
Yer, it may be common on Preserved lines if you wear a high vis. Shame about that Rich! Nice vid anyway, depsite being illegal!

Jordy

Established Member
Rich said:
I'll not do it again! :oops: Perhaps the other side of the fence will be more sensible! :)

Yes, however, maybe you should find a different spot as that one wouldnt be very good behind the fence?

Jordy

Ben

Tresspassers give Enthusiasts a Bad Name,

Rich you should be banned for The Good of Decent Enthusiasts's Reputation

Jordy

Established Member
158 said:
Tresspassers give Enthusiasts a Bad Name,

Rich you should be banned for The Good of Decent Enthusiasts's Reputation

o....k....thats going a bit too far :rolleyes:

Jordy

Guinness

Established Member
158 said:
Rich you should be banned for The Good of Decent Enthusiasts'sEnthusiasts's Reputation

No he shouldn't. Rich has acknowledged his mistake and has apologised for it and so there is no real need for any more "I'll fifty six that" or similar.

Demps

Oh my god, yeh mybe it was illagal, but for crying out loud dont Take something too far! he is sorry, but the main fact is you actualy put though into wether it was illegal or not! and looking at those pics it dosent seem that bad !! come on ! ITS A PEICE OF BLOODY GRASS no where near the line, HOW SAD !

Guinness

Established Member
Demps said:
Oh my god, yeh mybe it was illagal, but for crying out loud dont Take something too far! he is sorry, but the main fact is you actualy put though into wether it was illegal or not! and looking at those pics it dosent seem that bad !! come on ! ITS A PEICE OF BLOODY GRASS no where near the line, HOW SAD !

A great literate post! ;)

Can we move on now please?

The Snap

Established Member
Jordy said:
Yes, however, maybe you should find a different spot as that one wouldnt be very good behind the fence?

Jordy

Perhaps yes, you are quite correct. :( That was the reason I did it anyway!

Demps said:

Finally, someone who thinks like me! :razz:

Chaz said:
A great literate post! ;)

Can we move on now please?

And another who thinks like me - let's move on, and please comment on the video, not where it was taken from! ;)

RJ

Established Member
Who thought it was alright to climb over a fence to get a video? It was there for a reason. Like in the Lea Valley, there are fences around the reservoirs which the trains run through (On a peninsular ;)). Would you have risked climbing over the fence to get shots???

Maybe you should buy him camcorder with a zoom Rich!!!

The Snap

Established Member
joea1 said:
Who thought it was alright to climb over a fence to get a video? It was there for a reason. Like in the Lea Valley, there are fences around the reservoirs which the trains run through (On a peninsular ;)). Would you have risked climbing over the fence to get shots???

Maybe you should buy him camcorder with a zoom Rich!!!

I have one joea1. For god sake, I climbed over the fence - the line is about 5 metres from where I was, and about 2 metres below - it wasn't dangerous at all. Anyway, can we please leave it...:-?

RJ

Established Member
If they didn't mind people going close to the track, the fence wouldn't be there. You shouldn't need a scolding afterwards to tell you that.....

The Snap

Established Member
joea1 said:
If they didn't mind people going close to the track, the fence wouldn't be there. You shouldn't need a scolding afterwards to tell you that.....

Oh for f*ck sake, can someone please lock this thread? I'm getting a bit peed off with it all...:-x :sad:

richa2002

Established Member
At that sort of location, I think the fence is their purely to show the boundaries between the railway and the land next to it. It's unfortunate we don't take the view In the UK that you do things at your own risk unlike in Switzerland where usually there aren't any fences at all! I suspect it makes it more appealing to trespassers if there is a fence there to give them the sense of achievement once they've climbed over it.

RJ

Established Member
Rich said:
I have one joea1. For god sake, I climbed over the fence - the line is about 5 metres from where I was, and about 2 metres below - it wasn't dangerous at all. Anyway, can we please leave it...:-?

You can't even see that you were in the wrong! The distance is irrelavant - you are closer to the track on a platform. The problem is, you climbed over a fence, which is an indication that the public right of way stops there. Maybe they should build them higher :roll:

The Snap

Established Member
joea1 said:
You can't even see that you were in the wrong! The distance is irrelavant - you are closer to the track on a platform. The problem is, you climbed over a fence, which is an indication that the public right of way stops there. Maybe they should build them higher :roll:

Oh sod off having a go - I know what I have done is wrong, as said about 10 times in this thread! :mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.