• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1Z85 Cleethorpes to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

38Cto15E

At 0940 this morning I was watching the ITV Horse racing programme from Uttoxeter and noticed a longish blurred train passing in the background.
I have had a ook on realtimetrains and it is 1Z85 0553 hours Cleethorpes to Liverpool Lime St, is the train connected with the horse racing, as it is the Midlands Grand National at Uttoxeter today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
At 0940 this morning I was watching the ITV Horse racing programme from Uttoxeter and noticed a longish blurred train passing in the background.
I have had a ook on realtimetrains and it is 1Z85 0553 hours Cleethorpes to Liverpool Lime St, is the train connected with the horse racing, as it is the Midlands Grand National at Uttoxeter today?

Think there's a WCR operated Liverpool Pullman charter with class 47/57 traction running from Cleethorpes to Liverpool Lime Street today Gus.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

This is the train you saw:

http://www.railtourinfo.co.uk/140320b.html

Saturday 14th March - "The Liverpool Pullman"
Tour Promoter: Spirit of the Lakes
TOC: West Coast Railways
Locos: 2 WCRC 47/57 T&T

5Z85 ECS Barnetby Dn. Recpt. Sdg. - Cleethorpes [Click Here]

1Z85 Cleethorpes - Liverpool Lime Street [Click Here]
1Z87 Liverpool Lime Street - Cleethorpes [Click Here]

38Cto15E

Thank you all very much, looks like a nice day out for the people of North Lincolnshire.

The_Train

Established Member
Out of interest, why is there a 12 minute layover at Uttoxeter in the schedule? Says on RTT it's to pass another service but there isn't any passing points at Uttoxeter nor is there any other service showing around the same time. Turns out it needed it as recovery time in the end so I wonder if that was the actual reason

The Planner

Veteran Member
Out of interest, why is there a 12 minute layover at Uttoxeter in the schedule? Says on RTT it's to pass another service but there isn't any passing points at Uttoxeter nor is there any other service showing around the same time. Turns out it needed it as recovery time in the end so I wonder if that was the actual reason
Like many things that make it down to RTT etc, it may just be whatever the planner put in to code the stop, it may have just been easier to deal with any clashes around Stoke.

The_Train

Established Member
Like many things that make it down to RTT etc, it may just be whatever the planner put in to code the stop, it may have just been easier to deal with any clashes around Stoke.

Ah right, thanks for that :)

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member

Which is bad planning practice - the A stop should have been placed approaching whichever junction the train actually needed holding at. Presenting earlier than booked at junctions is a cause of mis-regulation.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Which is bad planning practice - the A stop should have been placed approaching whichever junction the train actually needed holding at. Presenting earlier than booked at junctions is a cause of mis-regulation.
Not saying it isn't. I've no idea why it was done and was purely speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.