• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 hand co-ordination test

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJD

Hi,

As most of us are either left or right handed so this will be a bit of a strange question to answer.

Does being left handed put you at a disadvantage when doing the 2 handed co-ordination test?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Hi,

As most of us are either left or right handed so this will be a bit of a strange question to answer.

Does being left handed put you at a disadvantage when doing the 2 handed co-ordination test?

Only if you use 1 hand :D I doubt very much if it will

tlionhart

I'm left handed.
This test isn't meant to mimic a Xbox controller. Everything in terms of how its controlled is in reverse order and back to front. It's a test you can't actually practice for. Oddly as it sounds I found it similar to Tetris. (Fine movements at speed)

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Unless its changed recently the test is far more to do with testing how quick you correct an error (going outside the lines) than the amount of times you make that error. As said previously its nothing like a computer game controller-best practice is an old Echasketch!

ComUtoR

Established Member
Hi,

The test would only be biased if it was 1 hand specific. Hand dominance should be corrected with how the test is carried out and how much each joystick would be calibrated and weighted against.

I am right hand dominant but I type with both hands, drive a car using both hands, eat with both knife and fork, and carry out numerous basic tasks using both hands.

FYI Train controls are on the left.

SB48188

Unless its changed recently the test is far more to do with testing how quick you correct an error (going outside the lines) than the amount of times you make that error. As said previously its nothing like a computer game controller-best practice is an old Echasketch!

I used an Etchasketch to practice for 2HAND and found it a massive help. Not exactly the same but still one hand for up/down and the other for left/right

Jydo

Didnt you get practice material sent to you in an email? If so then print out multiple copies of it and practice that everyday with a pen in both hands at the same time.....if I was you I would forget about xbox controllers & etch a sketch. The practice material is adequate enough to practice and prepare for this test. I was most nervious about this test beforehand but in the end had nothing to worry about. I found it easy, I'm left handed, didnt feel that was an issue. I was seated at the back of the class for this and finished first so I had a few mins to watch how others were doing as I could see their screen, one guy was going slow and looked to be struggling but to my amazement he still passed.

Dont lose any sleep over this test. If you have got a decent natural standard of hand - eye co-ordination then you will be ok.

sw1ller

Established Member
The practice material really doesn't help as those tests make each hand work to two different exercises. The test is about getting them to work together. I took it today, I was making it beep A LOT! But corrected it very quickly and I have passed that particular test with high marks apparently. I don't think there is much you can do to prepare really, if you can do it I would say you will pick it up pretty quickly on the practice goes.

Jydo

The practice material really doesn't help as those tests make each hand work to two different exercises. The test is about getting them to work together. I took it today, I was making it beep A LOT! But corrected it very quickly and I have passed that particular test with high marks apparently. I don't think there is much you can do to prepare really, if you can do it I would say you will pick it up pretty quickly on the practice goes.

The practice material helped me massively and seems to help others massively aswell but I suppose everyone is different. Yes, you are looking at two different "race tracks" whilst doing the practice material but its not two different excercises, its one. Doing the practice material is more difficult then doing the actual test itself so the more you do the practice stuff then the easier you will find the test. Like I said earlier dont loose any sleep over this, I dont think the pass mark is that high.......

Status
Not open for further replies.