• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddysim

Hi all

can anyone tell me the direction of each hand for the 2 hand coordination test and any specific techniques to help?

Am I right in saying left hand is right and left, and the right hand is up and down? Cheers in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PlexiDriver

Hey, just sat mine recently and it was the left hand one that was side to side and my right that was up and down.

It's more important to recover from mistakes quickly than to not make them at all on that test!

Hi all

can anyone tell me the direction of each hand for the 2 hand coordination test and any specific techniques to help?

Am I right in saying left hand is right and left, and the right hand is up and down? Cheers in advance

Yes the directions are as you say - as for techniques that help, there aren't any really. I thought being a console gamer would help me but in reality it was a hindrance because a game controller moves in 6 axis where the joysticks in the test only move in 2. Having said that, I passed so it can't be that difficult so long as you quickly get back between the lines.

Last edited:

scouseyb123

On Moderation
Yes the directions are as you say - as for techniques that help, there aren't any really. I thought being a console gamer would help me but in reality it was a hindrance because a game controller moves in 6 axis where the joysticks in the test only move in 2. Having said that, I passed so it can't be that difficult so so as you quickly get back between the lines.

definitely agree with this!

i’d say whatever you do if you make a few mistakes and you go outside the lines don’t get flustered and stay calm

OneLowban

Yes the directions are as you say - as for techniques that help, there aren't any really. I thought being a console gamer would help me but in reality it was a hindrance because a game controller moves in 6 axis where the joysticks in the test only move in 2. Having said that, I passed so it can't be that difficult so long as you quickly get back between the lines.

Whilst it’s true it’s not the same as video games, I still believe my Call of Duty days helped in the fact of using two sticks at the same time to move in one direction type thing.

Also yes if you go out of the lines don’t panic, just get back in ASAP and continue.

When I did mine I asked the guy if the controls were that way round on purpose, he said: “yes <D.”

Status
Not open for further replies.