• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2009TS - First car constructed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Not bad. Any idea on when the first train will be fully ready and testing on the Victoria Line? :)

Julian G

Established Member
I can't wait,
faster journeys, what different will that do since it takes 10mins to get from Stockwell to Oxford Circus on the 1967TS
faster acceleration?

Met Driver

Established Member
Julian G said:
I can't wait,
faster journeys, what different will that do since it takes 10mins to get from Stockwell to Oxford Circus on the 1967TS
faster acceleration?

The faster acceleration will lead to a reduction in journey times, yes.

Dave A

Am I going mad or does that look bigger than the other tube stocks?

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
The faster acceleration will lead to a reduction in journey times, yes.

So something like this then?
1031.jpg

lev441

why don't they make the windows bigger (like the 92 stock) to make it look roomier?

Met Driver

Established Member
lev441 said:
why don't they make the windows bigger (like the 92 stock) to make it look roomier?

There isn't much to see anyway - the entire line is underground, apart from the depot. I imagine it also has something to do with the location of perch seats as well.

Julian G

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Wonder if it will whine like the 96ts, anybody know of traction engines?
i hope not,
(me hopes they will sound like the Metrocammel ones :P )

T

Tom

As far as I know it will be using an IGBT traction package as featured on the Northern.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is this to be completed before the sub-surface lines new stock is built? I hope so!

I am dreading the day the comfy 'A' stocks go!

Julian G

Established Member
yorkie said:
Is this to be completed before the sub-surface lines new stock is built? I hope so!

I am dreading the day the comfy 'A' stocks go!
it looks like it
the only comfy seats i can say is the 1972MKII (it thrashes along the NR line :) )
i will miss the 67TS quite a lot

Met Driver

Established Member
Julian G said:
it looks like it
the only comfy seats i can say is the 1972MKII (it thrashes along the NR line :) )
In that case you clearly haven't been on an A stock before. It's the only stock which has a proper NR-style seating layout and high-backed seats. The 72s have awful seats, and you get thrown about all over the place north of Queens Park. If you find that comfortable then quite frankly you need help!

Thankfully the 'A' stock will be around for a good few years to come - the new Vic stock will come into use first.

Nitro

Yep the A Stock is certanly the most comfiest stock. All others have hard seats even the unrefurb D Stock. The best bit is doing 60mph north of Moor Park...

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
In that case you clearly haven't been on an A stock before. It's the only stock which has a proper NR-style seating layout and high-backed seats. The 72s have awful seats, and you get thrown about all over the place north of Queens Park. If you find that comfortable then quite frankly you need help!

Thankfully the 'A' stock will be around for a good few years to come - the new Vic stock will come into use first.
i've been on an A-stock
Finchley Road-Harrow on the Hill (it thrased through Wembley :D)
Wembley Park-Liverpool Street (with joea1 and galvanise)
**Notice the Tip-Up perch seats (eurgh!!)
the high backed seats can be problematic especially when the Tube Staff are inspecting for suspicious packages
Look at 73TS, they had awful seating moquettes, and now they have new ones which sounds cushiony,
I like being thrown all over :D which is why the Bakerloo line is my 3rd favourite line :p

T

Tom

Don't know where you got 60mph from... IIRC the A stock can only do a max of 50/55mph and the Chiltern's are banned from high speed.

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Don't know where you got 60mph from... IIRC the A stock can only do a max of 50/55mph

They used to do 60 before the bogies started cracking - they welded them back up as good as new but they're not to be driven at more than 50 now in case the same thing happens again.

Nitro

tubechallenger said:
Don't know where you got 60mph from... IIRC the A stock can only do a max of 50/55mph and the Chiltern's are banned from high speed.

Yeah but there are '60' signs and not the white background and red circle but the LU white background with black circle so like Seth said before they could've been doing 60 and the train I was in was going very fast...

T

Tom

Ah yeah forgot about that... 60 is more a guide now though... ;)

Tom B

Established Member
IIRC they have got them up to 90+ (unofficially) from what I've heard, but downhill and with a following wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.