• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2012-13 Season Fixture Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
... this morning.

Are you happy with the order of games for your team? Has that computer given your team an away start, an away finish and an away game on Boxing Day again?

Premiership
Championship
League One
League Two

I'm personally over the moon that Bournemouth have been given the away tie with Pompey, the most eagerly awaited fixture in the whole season, in the opening game.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ushawk

Established Member
My Brighton are away to Hull which isnt awful, but we finish up at home to Wolves - so thats a good last game.

Disappointed that we have Bristol and Cardiff games on midweek evenings as i really wanted to go to them.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I am sure that Fleetwood Town are delighted to start off their Football League career with a home game. Torquay United will be a good test for them.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
****************************************************************************************

I eagerly looked at the League 1 fixtures in the hope that Oldham Athletic had a home draw against a newly-promoted club to start of the new season and ready to burst out into a rendition of the song....Happy Days are here again....

Instead, I find that they have been drawn away to M K Dons....<(<(

sonic2009

Established Member
I hate the computer!

Liverpool have to play 3 hard matches in the first 5 games!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Instead, I find that they have been drawn away to M K Dons....<(<(

That means you get to sing "Not a real football team" on a hot summer's day before they score and then be heckled "You're not singing anymore" after they take the lead, in the same tune. :lol:

Chapeltom

Established Member
Derby away to start with, I agreed to work that date <( . Birmingham and Millwall at home after, then off to Crystal Palace for a tasty encounter with the side that relegated us in 2011.

Leicester at home while I'm in Madrid in November, wanted us to be away then.

Bolton away on Boxing Day, not happy with that.

Finish the season against Middlesbrough, with Peterborough last away game which will be a party :D can't wait for that already, nearly 5000 Wednesday fans on the terraces :)

gnolife

Established Member
Well, Conference North's fixture list hasn't been published yet :(
I'm hoping for Bishop's Stortford away first, because I'm not able to go to any away fixtures until the end of August (except Manchester area ones)

andrew bell

Derby away to start with, I agreed to work that date <( . Birmingham and Millwall at home after, then off to Crystal Palace for a tasty encounter with the side that relegated us in 2011.

Leicester at home while I'm in Madrid in November, wanted us to be away then.

Bolton away on Boxing Day, not happy with that.

Finish the season against Middlesbrough, with Peterborough last away game which will be a party :D can't wait for that already, nearly 5000 Wednesday fans on the terraces :)

I think that terrace is no more at Peterborough, I heard somewhere they were replacing it with seats during the summer

SS4

Established Member
Home on Boxing Day but away at both the start and end of the season <(

First game is away to West Ham so could be worse.
Boxing day is home to spurs
Last day is away at Wigan which I'm hoping will not be a relegation scrap.
West Brom at home [Villa Park] on Saturday September 29 and away on Saturday January 19.

No doubt a few fixtures will change for television.

Fantasy football will be restarting in mid-July too ;)

David

Established Member
<expletive> fixtures computer!

Scunthorpe Utd away to Crawley on the opening day of the season, away to Sheff Utd on Boxing Day, but at least we're at home on the final day to Swindon.

The very same computer also gave us Derby County away in the 1st round of the league cup ....

At least after the opening day, we have 3 easy matches (on paper at least), with Crewe, then Yoevil visiting Glanford Park, followed by a trip to Hartlepool.

Early warning to South TPE users though for the 8th of September, as it's Scunthorpe Utd v Sheffield Utd.

Ivo

Established Member
Oh fantastic. Old Trafford on Day One. Again. Always seemed to happen about ten years ago and now Mr Computer has done it again <( But after that we don't have any awkward games until the Derby in late October. And then, one month later, we have Arsenal, City and Tottenham in quick succession! Finally, we end the season the way we start - a difficult away day, this time at Chelsea.

At the other end of the scale, I'm disappointed that Bristol Rovers vs Southend United hasn't kept its traditional late March slot, which matched my birthday well - but of the last three seasons, two I couldn't make and the other saw the Pirates in a different division! Instead, it's Accrington at home on Day One, with Rovers away in early November and Bradford away and Fleetwood at home for the Easter weekend - when my birthday is Easter Sunday <(

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
<expletive> fixtures computer!

Scunthorpe Utd ...

Since you mentioned expletives, funny that we don't censor your team's name as many other forums seem to do. :lol:

Scotrail84

Established Member
... this morning.

Are you happy with the order of games for your team? Has that computer given your team an away start, an away finish and an away game on Boxing Day again?

Premiership
Championship
League One
League Two

I'm personally over the moon that Bournemouth have been given the away tie with Pompey, the most eagerly awaited fixture in the whole season, in the opening game.

Any particular reason why its only the English leagues that have been posted up. What about the Scottish fixtures or is football up here not important enough for the English uber fans?? ;)

David

Established Member
Since you mentioned expletives, funny that we don't censor your team's name as many other forums seem to do. :lol:

I think it used to be! However, if it was, it didn't last long once I became a powermad admin the previous regime foolishly made me an admin :lol:

SS4

Established Member
Any particular reason why its only the English leagues that have been posted up. What about the Scottish fixtures or is football up here not important enough for the English uber fans?? ;)

It's because the Highland Division fixtures haven't been released yet ;). I'm still trying to work out the mysterious Club 12 in the SPL ;P

ushawk

Established Member
I think that terrace is no more at Peterborough, I heard somewhere they were replacing it with seats during the summer

This, away allocations until the stand is complete (next Spring apparently) are reduced and will be in the area where the away seats are - which isnt nice.

Shame as ill miss the terrace there, was literally bouncing when i was there last season !!!

Just also saw that were at home against Millwall on Boxing Day - which is helpful for the stadium as Southern probably wont run any services and seeing as about 7,000 people use trains to get to the stadium......

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It's because the Highland Division fixtures haven't been released yet ;). I'm still trying to work out the mysterious Club 12 in the SPL ;P

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to say. ;)

Seriously though, I completely forgot. :oops: Force of habit, as Scottish fixtures are not included in our main Prediction League competition.

Ascot

Established Member
Oh bloody hell, Blackburn at home as our final match. Might as well get used to the Championship for a few years. :roll:

Established Member
I dont bother looking at the fixtures until bloody Sky have got their mucky hands on them. The current fixture list will be torn to shreds then.

What is truly amazing is that since i stopped supporting Arsenal, i never seem to know who they are playing and when anymore. Whereas when i had a season ticket i could tell you who they were playing in mid April.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
This is going to be my first season as a confessed football supporter. I took a passing interest in the season before last, and an increasing interest last year - and this year I've decided to throw myself into the action with somewhat limited knowledge (much to my dad's delight!).

Unfortunately, it could prove a painful experience as I'm continuing the family tradition of following Arsenal. Having a glance at the fixtures, starting against Sunderland could prove embarrassing if the season start is anything like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.