• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2012 advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Doubt there will be much for the Olympics with it being heavily advertising restricted unless you are one of their sponsors...

Definitely a few things being done for the Jubilee though.

Class315

Not completely related and unsure whether this has been noted previously but i noticed an unidentified 378 in the yard at Willesden in a Lyrca Mobile allover vinyl.

ukrob

Established Member
Is advertising needed? Seems like a waste of money as who doesn't know about it already? If anything, official sponsors could wrap trains with their own brand.

Crossforth

Established Member
Not completely related and unsure whether this has been noted previously but i noticed an unidentified 378 in the yard at Willesden in a Lyrca Mobile allover vinyl.

Cool, does anyone have any pictures of this or know what it is?

MCR247

Established Member

I could just be me, but I'm really shocked TfL have done that!

Class315

Well considering they gave the go ahead for a 92ts on the central line to be revinyled and re-upholstered on behalf of the ad campaign to remind people of the digital switchover that took place earlier this month.

Last edited:

TGVDUDE

Yes. It says "2012 provider" with 'provider' to the left of the official London 2012 logo with some really small text beneath it. This photo I took the other day sort of shows where it is.

Thanks, thought they had but was unsure and didn't have my Hard Drive at hand to check :)

Established Member
The class 378 in Lyca mobile covering is unit 221. Currently inside the shed at Willesden having been sent over from New Cross with high milage. So has not entered service yet in this livery.

Roumour has it another 378 I think i heard 211 so dont shot the messenger is also about to vinyl wraps not sure for what though.

ert47

Its not really the same, but there are quite a few buses going around Central London in a full vinyl advertising. I dont really remember it being as prevalent as before (its usually only whole back of the bus that would be vinyl'd if it were to be)

Juniper458

Heard that 378211 which has been at New Cross Gate over the weekend is due to depart shortly with Vinyl Advertising applied! Any news on what it is?

ert47

The class 378 in Lyca mobile covering is unit 221. Currently inside the shed at Willesden having been sent over from New Cross with high milage. So has not entered service yet in this livery.

Roumour has it another 378 I think i heard 211 so dont shot the messenger is also about to vinyl wraps not sure for what though.

I cant say that its that exact unit, but I saw a "odd" looking 378 (probably was the Lyca train) this morning at Clapham Junction around 10am, couldnt see it too well, was over on platform 12

Established Member
Indeed 378 221 entered service today with the Lyca Mobile advert. Spent most of the doing a Willesden Junstion to Stratford shuttle service. I worked one of the shuttles.

Which was joined today by 378 211.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Heard that 378211 which has been at New Cross Gate over the weekend is due to depart shortly with Vinyl Advertising applied! Any news on what it is?

Same as 221, Juniper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.