• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

20th May 2018 Timetable Change - Published timetable pdfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Turner

I realise that the new Network Rail timetable is still incomplete, but the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (Monday to Friday) is still not shown in table 65. The Saturday service is. I commented on this in December 2017 and actually emailed Network Rail. They replied that “Ref Table 65, I have noted your comments ref 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street and we will check this for the next edition “. So this is now nearly three years that this train was retimed to run non stop from London to Runcorn and its never appeared in the timetable all that time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (Monday to Friday) is still not shown in table 65.
I saw that, however the up morning services such as the 07:00 Liverpool-London do appear, which also used to get omitted from early drafts.
It seems as if almost nobody at Network Rail cares one bit about this timetable, and just about enough effort is expended to produce it because it has to be produced in the hope that the requirement for its production will be removed in future.

Veteran Member
The 09xx Chester-Cardiff is still missing from T131, as are several evening peak trains on 212, and (I assume) half the Sunday service on the Bexleyheath line.... and no doubt more.

berneyarms

Established Member
Latest update.

Published at this stage (Friday 11 May) are:

Arriva Trains Wales
c2c
Chiltern
CrossCountry Trains
East Midlands Trains
Greater Anglia
Grand Central
GWR
Hull Trains
London Northwestern Railway
London Overground
Northern
Scotrail
Southeastern
Southwestern Railway
TfL Rail (Both Liverpool St-Shenfield & Paddington-Heathrow)
Transpennine Express
Virgin Trains East Coast
Virgin Trains
West Midlands Railway
eNRT (Most tables)

*Also GTR have published timetable sheets in pdf format for Southern, Thameslink and Great Northern Monday to Friday services at https://www.railplan2020.com/timetables - they do caution that these may be subject to late changes.

Still to be published are:
Great Northern
Gatwick Express
Merseyrail
Southern
Thameslink
Network Rail Working Timetables

Mere days to go and still no Gospel Oak to Barking on the website. Is the timetable not changing at all?

su31

Mere days to go and still no Gospel Oak to Barking on the website. Is the timetable not changing at all?

The timetable is changing but I think the reason for the delay is that they expected the new trains to be in use by now, therefore meaning timetable changes. They have been delayed further, and the scheduling team is now trying to work out passenger train paths against the freight paths. I understand that the morning 'peak buster' has been altered and will now run from Barking at a different time.

jfollows

Established Member
eNRT has some updates at https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/timetabling/electronic-national-rail-timetable/

"With the major timetable change, there is ongoing work on some of the May 2018 tables for the Anglia, London North Eastern, East Midlands, Western and Sussex Routes; these tables will be uploaded as soon as possible in May 2018. Tables 024, 025, 052MML, 181, 182, 184, 185, 186 uploaded on 14 May and tables 039, 116A, 183, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 to be uploaded shortly."

berneyarms

Established Member
Latest update.

Published at this stage (Friday 18 May) are:

Arriva Trains Wales
c2c
Chiltern
CrossCountry Trains
East Midlands Trains
Greater Anglia
Grand Central
GWR
Hull Trains
London Northwestern Railway
London Overground (except GOBLIN)
Merseyrail (on Merseytravel site)
Northern
Scotrail
Southeastern
Southwestern Railway
TfL Rail (Both Liverpool St-Shenfield & Paddington-Heathrow)
Transpennine Express
Virgin Trains East Coast
Virgin Trains
West Midlands Railway
eNRT (Updated)
Network Rail Working Timetables

*Also GTR have published timetable sheets in pdf format for Southern, Thameslink and Great Northern Monday to Friday services at https://www.railplan2020.com/timetables - they do caution that these may be subject to late changes.

Still to be published are:
Great Northern
Gatwick Express
London Overground (GOBLIN)
Southern
Thameslink

jellybaby

I picked up a pocket timetable from my station this morning, 'Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar to London'. It doesn't list all the trains between those stations. For example the 1806 KGX-WGC is missing. Not very helpful.

s76zcOQ2RsjikDGVahO4S_JoaDCVzP4hzrdaPd1Mq-548Rp8oFvRSV9pUKTvEr4YJXE0Fk89hlgXldU_vGieHlZMYLan8nw4ppuiGYBDSKyJf049TxHWIP3ZQ9ZPIQYkzVE-755sF5guF96gio3VWT5ctsO_fVR7bmzGwO-yXA_7k2a0CS0V6EQ-Sxxz8-5dthJfGWM0kgyBjEn7kH3hKqzRmhTZ0rZF0Dv87W64tevgMf-MzuzT6nC_aATz-wQhBrQCJdBMbAVikXkRAn8QASOaQyyIdjj-3FcUWwYcI9FFRSGQdXhOQEQ44Q9rMvclObShJLnO9sUN5KBwzWcwMhEARqlqxZ_Deie9i25iG2Ih7iwlOZcwVSlMUQ2UY5UJTKr7Y9UrKa6SVRRUQ2xBQRyBkzvVH_vGWvClEsO3ZT6erUj46rnbN0Et_5Bdv8MASiycTdK1qV9gmehIZMEt0g1wDDYs231YhZDCeT47Nk9sH10WJdNyPkAVK6l1NpxMhOs2HBDfxiRcpFC6BvVNVtjsXUy5-CrEE7xhHP_LXRNP50cNPzGOc03x-yfi_y7f5v_kMM7lmhtwcHNKQ1hDsri_vQBsPipTxZjOBS-M=w675-h900-no

bramling

Veteran Member
I picked up a pocket timetable from my station this morning, 'Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar to London'. It doesn't list all the trains between those stations. For example the 1806 KGX-WGC is missing. Not very helpful.

s76zcOQ2RsjikDGVahO4S_JoaDCVzP4hzrdaPd1Mq-548Rp8oFvRSV9pUKTvEr4YJXE0Fk89hlgXldU_vGieHlZMYLan8nw4ppuiGYBDSKyJf049TxHWIP3ZQ9ZPIQYkzVE-755sF5guF96gio3VWT5ctsO_fVR7bmzGwO-yXA_7k2a0CS0V6EQ-Sxxz8-5dthJfGWM0kgyBjEn7kH3hKqzRmhTZ0rZF0Dv87W64tevgMf-MzuzT6nC_aATz-wQhBrQCJdBMbAVikXkRAn8QASOaQyyIdjj-3FcUWwYcI9FFRSGQdXhOQEQ44Q9rMvclObShJLnO9sUN5KBwzWcwMhEARqlqxZ_Deie9i25iG2Ih7iwlOZcwVSlMUQ2UY5UJTKr7Y9UrKa6SVRRUQ2xBQRyBkzvVH_vGWvClEsO3ZT6erUj46rnbN0Et_5Bdv8MASiycTdK1qV9gmehIZMEt0g1wDDYs231YhZDCeT47Nk9sH10WJdNyPkAVK6l1NpxMhOs2HBDfxiRcpFC6BvVNVtjsXUy5-CrEE7xhHP_LXRNP50cNPzGOc03x-yfi_y7f5v_kMM7lmhtwcHNKQ1hDsri_vQBsPipTxZjOBS-M=w675-h900-no

And it wrong shows Thameslink services at stations like Welham Green. So another GTR error.

David Turner

Re my post – 31. I emailed Network Rail and had the following reply: Thank you for your email and we will double-check the latest edition. Regards. Susan

I see the complete timetable is now available to download apart from Table 116A. However the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street still isn’t shown ! After two emails this year, I now realise that trying to help is useless.

After two emails this year, I now realise that trying to help is useless.
Unfortunately, like yourself, I've come to the same conclusion.
In the past, when an issue was reported, the error would be rectified, only for the error to be repeated in the next edition.

berneyarms

Established Member
I realise that the new Network Rail timetable is still incomplete, but the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (Monday to Friday) is still not shown in table 65. The Saturday service is. I commented on this in December 2017 and actually emailed Network Rail. They replied that “Ref Table 65, I have noted your comments ref 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street and we will check this for the next edition “. So this is now nearly three years that this train was retimed to run non stop from London to Runcorn and its never appeared in the timetable all that time.
Just to update this - various eNRT pdf tables have been updated since the original publication, and Table 65 now includes the 19:07 London Euston-Liverpool Lime Street.

David Turner

Thanks for the update – berneyarms. So at long last the 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street has been included in the timetable – not bad seeing as its been missing for three years. I’ve just compared the Network Rail timetable with the official Virgin timetable and the timings differ:

Network Rail: London 19.07, Runcorn 21.00, Liverpool Lime Street 21.23

Virgin: London 19.07, Runcorn 20.50, Liverpool Lime Street 21.08

I suspect Network Rail have another update needed to get it right. Maybe in another three years!!!

David Turner

Just downloaded the December 2018 Network Rail timetable and guess what - the Monday to friday 19.07 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street has disappeared again. I'm not going to bother emailing Network Rail this year. Its shown in table 91 however, the Crewe to Liverpool local timetable.

Status
Not open for further replies.