• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

21/11 1306 Leicester to Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member

M7R

Was in Nottingham this eve with my little lad waiting for the 17:20 to Matlock to go home when this came in on platform 1, DRS class 68 on one end and Northen Belle 47 on the other.

My little lad thought it was ace! Then to top it off we passed it on the way back to Attenborough, so we waited on the foot bridge waving and the driver gave us a double toot! He hasn't stopped talking about it all the way home as the EMT driver gave him a little toot too so for him it's been the perfect day, train ride to town and back and a double toot from 2 trains.

It's the first time I have seen the Northen Belle, looked well turned out and the 68 looked good too (again first time I have seen ones of them in the flesh too).

M7R

Sorry we didn't get a good look at the 57 at Nottingham, and we was on the foot bridge at Attenborough so again didn't get a real good look or see the numbers so assumed it was a 47, (not getting many 57s through Attenborough I'm not that good at spotting the difference, we mainly get the EMT fleet, XC and some 60s or 66s from Toton).

Status
Not open for further replies.