• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

22/5 17:10 NCL central station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr395008

Hello,

I noticed there was a scotrail train on the bridge heading north through NCL at around 17:10.

Does anyone know what this was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Some Scotrail units work the Newcastle - Glasgow Central via Carlisle workings. Which bridge was it on?

sonic2009

Established Member
It would of a been a class 156 going to Glasgow Central via Carlisle & Dumfries.

There are a few direct trains operated by Scotrail Stock and crewed by Scotrail staff between Glasgow & Carlisle, and Northern between Carlisle & Newcastle

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Established Member
There is a 17.16 Scotrail/Northern departure from Newcastle to Glasgow Central, but this goes south over the river.

Mr395008

Sorry I should have been clearer. It was 2x 3 car units. They were electric trains. I was thinking maybe they were from Doncaster after being refurbished?

Status
Not open for further replies.