• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

22:50 Euston to Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesM

Guys,

Any idea why the 22:50 Virgin Train from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly takes such a long time? I will be going to Stoke this week - can't see any engineering works or anything.

Is it because I will be using the slow lines or something like that, or maybe we're going via Birmingham?

It also seems to be to set down only, is that so that if it gets to stations early, it can continue on early?

Thanks,

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CallySleeper

Established Member
Booked slow lines as far as Hanslope Junction plus a total of 66 minutes of allowances.

No diversions. Re: set down, yes probably.

JamesM

Thanks for the reply CallySleeper - forgive my ignorance as someone who doesn't work in the industry - what are 66 minutes of allowances? Is that in case it gets delayed for some reason with ad hoc late engineering works etc? So if all goes well, I could arrive upto an hour early?

Thanks

The Planner

Veteran Member
Basically it allows for every conceivable piece of engineering work and diversion along the route happening at once. 99 times out of 100 this will arrive early.

dk1

Veteran Member
Am I correct in thinking this is a new train via Stoke since last timetable or so,the last down from Euston used to be 2200 via Crewe to Manchester,now the 2200 terminates at Crewe,if I recall.

Yes & i think you will find the 22.00 is now formed by a single Voyager.

Jeni

Am I correct in thinking this is a new train via Stoke since last timetable or so,the last down from Euston used to be 2200 via Crewe to Manchester,now the 2200 terminates at Crewe,if I recall.

That's annoying, so Rugby has now lost its only direct service to Manc? That used to be a useful service to me!

dannypye9999

I was told a few weeks back that this service becomes discontinued from May and the last two Euston to Wolverhampton service continue to Manchester, but just a rumour cant see it anywhere on OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.