• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2219 Tring Ce Sdgs to Tring Ce Sdgs 05/06/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
The only other thing out of "Tring Ce Sdgs" today is a 2220 to Broxbourne Down Tamper Sdg which spends half the night bouncing up and down between Watford and Euston (and St Albans), so I'd guess that a) yes it stays there today and b) it's a test train of some kind.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Been a few more OTMs in those sidings than normal the last week, so guess it was one of those...

but the schedule doesn't lend itself to OTM operation. There doesn't seem to be a gap in the times to allow for, say, tamping to take place. They are usually out and back separate timings rather than a round trip.

I may pop down to Tring after work for a shuftie

Yabbadabba

Looks like it's either a driver training run or a route learner for OTM operator or conductor.

The Snap

Established Member
Given there is no long layover at the end of the journey I would suggest it isn't a tamper or other OTM carrying out work. Normally these are timed to run from point to A to point B, then have a lengthy stoppage (whilst they work), then head back to point A (or point C) for stabling at the end of the night.

I'd suggest it would be a weed killer, MPV on test, track recording, route learner etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.