• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

222017 Emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix

First off hello all

Ive been viewing for a while now but only just got authorisation to post

anyway word has it that 222017 the EMT was pulled from service due to the percentage of yellow on the cab front being to the wrong specification

now sat at Etches Park

Matrix

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Really? What's that all about then?
Surely if that's the case, then the GC HSTs with the tiny patch of yellow on the front shouldn't be allowed out?

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Knowing how GC have been going along it might still happen! Hope not though, they don't need any more bad luck.
I'm sure someone here knows what the specification for yellow fronts is?
Of cource realistically, with high intensity headlights and triangular marker light arrangements there isn't a need for the yellow front anymore.

TheSlash

Established Member
Knowing how GC have been going along it might still happen! Hope not though, they don't need any more bad luck.
I'm sure someone here knows what the specification for yellow fronts is?
Of cource realistically, with high intensity headlights and triangular marker light arrangements there isn't a need for the yellow front anymore.
That is provided the lights are switched on and don't say they are always switched on, because TheSlash has communicated with drivers through sign language several times that a driver hasn't switch the lights on ;)

BOSCH

Really? What's that all about then?
Surely if that's the case, then the GC HSTs with the tiny patch of yellow on the front shouldn't be allowed out?

Ahem,our power car nose ends meet Group Standard GM/RT2180 and I quote :

"vehicle maximum/minimum area of minimum dimension speed yellow warning panel"
up to 200 kmh = 1.00m2 0.60m.

I'll get me coat !!! :roll:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.