• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

22nd may scenic settler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

If there was a discounted rate for joining at Crewe i would of booked when the tour was first planned. Will miss the traction from Bristol so not gona fork out loads just for the 56 originaly booked 31s as well, hope its a decent tour for all those booked

eddygrim

no unfortunatley but the trip is 4hrs there from crewe and 2 hours back so 6hrs of journey isnt that bad :)

Drimnagh Road

For £69 six hours is definitly poor value for money, but thats my own view.

Edit, having just seen a picture which shows that the 66 wasn't even removed and they hooked the grid onto it I definitly would have felt hard done by if I were a grid fan.

mumrar

Established Member
Edit, having just seen a picture which shows that the 66 wasn't even removed and they hooked the grid onto it I definitly would have felt hard done by if I were a grid fan.

So if you were a grid fan, and suddenly found the loco had an extra 100tonnes+ to haul, you'd be annoyed. Why? The shed wasn't providing traction, so why does it make a difference?

Established Member
So if you were a grid fan, and suddenly found the loco had an extra 100tonnes+ to haul, you'd be annoyed. Why? The shed wasn't providing traction, so why does it make a difference?

Quite a substantial thrash barrier however.

mumrar

Established Member
Quite a substantial thrash barrier however.

So is twelve coaches if you're at the back of the train. I imagine the tour wouldn't have ran, or had a truncated itinerary if the 66 was not there. It may well have been at Network Rails insistence, would you rather the tour was cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.