23:21 Manchester Victoria - Leeds

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by johntea, 23 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johntea

johntea Member

Is there any reason why the 23:21 from Victoria to Leeds runs 'express' after Bradford, and misses out New Pudsey and/or Bramley?

Up until that point it seems to call at every intermediate station so it always feels a bit odd to miss out on the last couple!

2. Starmill

Starmill Established Member

I always assumed because it's so late, getting the train back to the depot earlier will cost them a little less

3. Adam0984

Adam0984 Member

Because by that time the crew are sick and tired of the train so to cheer them up they make it semi express by missing out them 2. Seriously though it's to make it easier when they do engineering work so they can divert it back via Halifax, Brighouse and either Dewsbury or Wakefield Kirkgate without having to get replacement transport for the few people at 00:30 just extend the journey time.

4. dk1

dk1 Established Member

Thought that may be the case & makes sense.

5. johntea

johntea Member

Thanks for that, I actually thought they had tweaked it in the latest timetable as I had a flat phone battery and arrived at Bradford Interchange around 00:25 to find both entrances locked up!

Luckily a few other people turned up and a Securitas guy appeared who let us in to actuslly access the train platforms :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.