• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

25 august? anybody sh*ting it about the forthcoming results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

so is anyone worried what there results are going to be for GCSEs?

Im hoping I get my predicted grades of As and Bs.

and afterwords its drink time, to either rejoice, or drown the sorrows

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

I hope you all do well. I got B's and C's and one F :oops: in my grades :roll: Looks like im taking that class again, Ah well, its only health :oops: It will be bettter taking it for the THIRD :cry: :cry: :cry: time, Wow, im dumb, I really am dumb :cry:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
lol, i'm not looking forward to my GCSE results either to be perfectly honest! I don't think I've done as well as I could have done and I'm shi**ing myself so much about it I'm trying not to even think about it! :shock:

I'll join you on drowning the sorrows!

jd

I only getting one this year: Statistics Higher Tier.
Predicted: A or A*.
More likely to get: B.
Location on reults day: Kos, Greece.

Dave A

jdan said:
I only getting one this year: Statistics Higher Tier.
Predicted: A or A*.
More likely to get: B.
Location on reults day: Kos, Greece.

You don't get yours on the 25th. You have to wait till you go back to school :roll: :P

I f*d up my GCSE's :( My best will be ICT, I know cos I finished a 1 hour mock exam in 30 mins and still got a B :P :D

I'm not worried and I think my average will be a C+, so, not bad. Could have done better though :oops: :x

EDIT:
Simming said:
and afterwords its drink time, to either rejoice, or drown the sorrows

Bring on the Baileys! :P ;)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
London Tube said:
Bring on the Baileys! :P ;)

I think I'll need a large whiskey! :lol:

I'm hoping I've done well in ICT and French at least, I had a B in the february ICT exam (I'm doing the edexcel double award one) and resat it in the may/june exams, so I should be guaranteed two B's in that.

French, I just hope I pass!

Double Science - well I should hope to get two C's, but seeing as I failed chemistry in the mock I'm not so sure!

The core subjects as long as I do moderately well in I'll be happy.

jd

London Tube said:
You don't get yours on the 25th. You have to wait till you go back to school :roll: :P

I do get my results on the 25th (or, I would if I were in the country!). I'll probably ask a friend to get mine for me.

Simming

the 25th and 26 are results day, after that the school is closed until the start of the new term.

another thing, I aint looking forward to the start of college on the 8th of sept, im liking the fact that im getting up at 11 each morning!

Dave A

jdan said:
London Tube said:

I do get my results on the 25th (or, I would if I were in the country!). I'll probably ask a friend to get mine for me.

Surely not for 1 exam :? . I did RE which consists of 1 exam in Yr 10 and 1 in Yr 11. I took the Yr 10 one in June but didn't get the results until I got back to school after the summer holidays.

Have you been told to get them on the 25th?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
jdan said:
London Tube said:

I went up my school with my mate the other month to drop textbooks in and stuff, and my mate who is in france on results day won't get his til he comes back, they will send it to you by post and told us they wouldn't allow friends to take it for him. Whether it'd be different for you I don't know....

Dave A

HSTfan!!! said:
jdan said:
London Tube said:

I went up my school with my mate the other month to drop textbooks in and stuff, and my mate who is in france on results day won't get his til he comes back, they will send it to you by post and told us they wouldn't allow friends to take it for him. Whether it'd be different for you I don't know....

Yeah, I did the same. But jdan is in year 10, going to yr 11. I can't see that they would get 200 or so pupils to pick up 1 exam :roll: :?

Dave A

Actually, I was really looking forward to burning my books, like I did in year 6. Such as shame they can't... OMG, wait a minute, I just realised, I returned books which I paid for, around £40 in total :o :shock: :x :(

Simming

I burned all the books that didn't need returning, inc that blasted anthology for english!!

I went to penzance, and had a nice fire going, although I kinda burnt my school bag as well, which wasn't intentional, but there you go.

David

Established Member
Best of luck to everyone, and I'll join you for a drink (or six) wether you are celebrating or not.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I get mine on the same day, not really fussed though, as I know that I got highest in the class, and I am almost certain I got a Merit (I needed 17 points to get a Merit, and you got 30 points just for sitting down at the exam).

So unless I get a Pass, I wont be bothered.

tramboy

You'll all be fine! You don't realise until you get to uni that GCSEs and A-Levels are really fairly simple!

Enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Dave

jd

London Tube said:
Surely not for 1 exam :? . I did RE which consists of 1 exam in Yr 10 and 1 in Yr 11. I took the Yr 10 one in June but didn't get the results until I got back to school after the summer holidays.

Yep! We have specific times given, e.g. Year 11 to come in at, say, 9am, Year 10 at 11am and Year 9 and 10am. Although there is no obligation to come in for Y9 or Y10, and most don't bother.

Dave A

jdan said:
London Tube said:

Yep! We have specific times given, e.g. Year 11 to come in at, say, 9am, Year 10 at 11am and Year 9 and 10am. Although there is no obligation to come in for Y9 or Y10, and most don't bother.

Wow. Your teachers must love you lot :P ;)

Very unusual as, well with my school anyway, there are around 200 yr 11's collecting their results, who all have to cramp into a hall which can just about fit that many people in. Surely thats more than enough for your school as well, let alone yr 9 & 10 as well :o :?

Tom B

Established Member
*Don't* get me started on the anthology - (there was an over-hysterical poem reacting to Ladbrooke Grove in the AQA one).

I've already got a B in maths from November and an A* in ICT from 2 years ago, hope the others are good :oops:;).

jd

I've already got A* ICT. I'm getting Stats this year, then everything else is next year.

jonb

Established Member
I'll be San Francisco when the results come out they are getting sent to Grandma ;)

God knows how I done if its C's/B's ill be happy...

Tom B

Established Member
I think they'll post them to you if you don't turn up, but I can't be sure, it may vary from school to school. I know a friend of mine who's away in Canada is getting a teacher to ring him with the gory news.

Dave A

Cockfosters said:
I think they'll post them to you if you don't turn up, but I can't be sure, it may vary from school to school. I know a friend of mine who's away in Canada is getting a teacher to ring him with the gory news.

For some schools a 50p envelope and 2nd class stamp are too expensive, like mine :roll: I advise everyone to go to their school, if they can, as it gives you a chance to catch up with mates, especially for me as we live soo far away from each other :(

Canada aay, blimey, what an expensive phone call, especially if the teachers got to break some bad news :shock: :roll:

Teacher to pupil (bad news) - "Erm, yes right your GCSE results. Well, you did, I mean you could of, and there a bit, I thought you, well there not bad, but there not excellent or good, and, oh, er, hmmm" :P :D

T

Tom

Schools recieve GCSE results on a large list of paper and it takes a long time to compile a list.

It's more time that makes you have to go in.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hmm, I'm not sure whether to wait to get mine in the post, or go home to Bristol to see D1015 on the 24th. Hmmmm..... decisions, decisions :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.