• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

26/5 1v45 Man-Nqy cancelled at Par

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Voyager failed to make it up the hill to Newquay on two attempts. Returned to Par and cancelled. Passengers now awaiting FGW's 1543 (exp 1606 currently). Total dely will be over 2 hours.

Driver announced 2 of 5 engines working, need 3 to get up hill. I don't really understand this, can anyone explain?

Train Manager was very helpful. FGW staff have handed out DR forms at Par.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
return journey will now start from Par (wasn't due to call there)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Voyagers have an engine under each coach, don't they? They can work if one or more are down, obviously though in this case, it was too few.

Out of interest, how busy was the train heading for Newquay?

Rich McLean

Established Member
It's common for voyagers to be in service with engines out of action. But 2 out of 5 is a bit bad, most likely failed on route.

dvboy

Established Member
Voyagers have an engine under each coach, don't they? They can work if one or more are down, obviously though in this case, it was too few.

Out of interest, how busy was the train heading for Newquay?

i'd estimate around 30-40 passengers waiting at Par. I know a few made their own arrangements

TEW

Established Member
Fairly sure the sectional appendix prohibits Voyagers in quite a few places in Devon and Cornwall with that many engines out.

CC 72100

Established Member
May or may not be the same train, as I am unsure of the voyager diagrams, but the 18:23 off Exeter to man Picc is shown as cancelled.

dvboy

Established Member
2 hours 21 mins overall delay, having arrived at Nqy 17:02.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes that's the same train, apparently it went back to Plymouth and terminated there.
ldp suggests another unit picks it up from temple meads at 1930

CC 72100

Established Member
Earlier LDBs were suggesting it was going from Plymouth to Birmingham NS non-stop. Not buying that one! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.