• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

28/01/06 Mersey+East Mids 1st Classed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Well while a few people were at the GCR Gala, i went up north with a 1st class ticket (only cheap). Cabbed the 350 from Brum to Lime Street then the 150 from there to Manchester. After that i got the TPE to Doncaster 158 and sat in the 1st class area, only me in there and not alot of difference.

Finally got into Doncaster and sat in the 1st class lounge. Twas very nice with all the freebies (can easily get ya money back for the ticket). Next was the Hull 222 to Grantham where i enjoyed a *FREE* Steak Pie and a packet of ready salted Walkers extra value pack crisps. Bottle of water worth a £1 was free in the actual shop.

At Grantham i hopped onto a CT 170 to Nottingham was packed but managed to get into the back cab. At Nottingham there was a HST with half an hr to wait so asked the driver for a few pics (school project again) and we ended up havin a right laf over how you can hammer a HST to work but can't hammer a resister on the 222.

Hopped off just before he went, and got the 222 to Leicester and being a very nice driver at front he let me go down with him until Longborough where i went and sat in 1st class (no service sadly).

Finally Leicester where i got onto a Curtecy bus to Brum and had to stop at the BP and Shell to try and get petrol.

Ticket was 1st Open Return Birmingham Stations to Fiskerton and was valid for all the journey. £17.70 Child.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

I know about situations when first class is cheapest because the standard advance tickets are sold out; it was such an occasion when I travelled from Euston to Penrith for £31.

Status
Not open for further replies.