• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2C45 Exeter - Penzance 04/02 Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazr

I was on the above service from Exeter and was told by the guard the service would be terminating at Plymouth as the driver did not sign past there. I alighted at Ivybridge as the Penzance - London service was 20+ down and this made a good time to scratch this fairly low service shack off. After doubling back at Totnes, I noticed the Down Good Line at Laira and curve from Lipson Junction had 'Stop' markers on them (both lines covered the previous day on The Looe Brush). At Plymouth, to my surprise, the HST Castle Set from the 2C45 was in Dock 3!

Sorry for the long-windedness of this, but did 2C45 terminate in Dock 3 in service or was it empty shunted? RTT shows nothing wrong happening. Will kick myself for getting off at Ivybridge if the former :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I was on the above service from Exeter and was told by the guard the service would be terminating at Plymouth as the driver did not sign past there. I alighted at Ivybridge as the Penzance - London service was 20+ down and this made a good time to scratch this fairly low service shack off. After doubling back at Totnes, I noticed the Down Good Line at Laira and curve from Lipson Junction had 'Stop' markers on them (both lines covered the previous day on The Looe Brush). At Plymouth, to my surprise, the HST Castle Set from the 2C45 was in Dock 3!

Sorry for the long-windedness of this, but did 2C45 terminate in Dock 3 in service or was it empty shunted? RTT shows nothing wrong happening. Will kick myself for getting off at Ivybridge if the former :(

Highly unlikely to have been routed into a non-passenger platform. Shunt moves within station limits often don't appear on RTT. I presume a unit swap took place at Plymouth but RTT didn't pick this up.

BTW for most of us typing 0926 in the title rather than 2C45 would have been clearer.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

This would have been a last minute arrangement and not a pre-planned move so would never have been reflected in RTT

tsr

Established Member
Highly unlikely to have been routed into a non-passenger platform. Shunt moves within station limits often don't appear on RTT. I presume a unit swap took place at Plymouth but RTT didn't pick this up.

BTW for most of us typing 0926 in the title rather than 2C45 would have been clearer.

It’s actually quicker to search for a headcode on Realtime Trains, as you can just type it into the search bar as soon as the site loads up, then push/tap Enter (and then find the right one if more than one service shares the headcode!).

This would have been a last minute arrangement and not a pre-planned move so would never have been reflected in RTT

Shunts and short distance stock movements sometimes are, including VSTP moves, but to be honest it’s not worth relying upon.

Veteran Member
It’s actually quicker to search for a headcode on Realtime Trains, as you can just type it into the search bar as soon as the site loads up, then push/tap Enter (and then find the right one if more than one service shares the headcode!).

Only if it's the same day. And you remember to click Enter on your keyboard instead of Search on the website (he says, having forgotten yet again)..

gazr

Thanks for all the replies. Will learn to put a link from RTT in the OP if ever I have other questions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.