• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2E12 07:56 Victoria-Horsham

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW43125

Established Member
Evening all,

Would anyone happen to know if the service mentioned above still runs as a 455 on weekdays? I’m aware it’s booked to do so (as of December 2017), but I can’t be sure there hasn’t been a change I don’t know about.

I’m off down the south coast soon, if it’s a 455 I’ll go via Horsham, if not I’ll go straight down the mainline.

Thanks.

—I’m aware I originally put Brighton, it should read Victoria—

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
It's still booked as a single 455/8.

This service is, of course, reasonably unusual in that it runs in passenger service non-stop from Dorking to Horsham. Enjoy the "variable" track quality!

It usually runs a few minutes late, but so long as you don't try to make the 1 minute connection into the Bognor Regis service (2B02 at 0904 from Horsham), you should be fine with a booked itinerary to the Coast. Usually...!

Rumour has it that 455s might be withdrawn from the Horsham route fairly soon (but not desperately imminently), for one reason and another.

GW43125

Established Member
It’ll probably be about a month before I go so let’s hope they don’t pull it before then, I knew I had no hope on the Bognor, I’ll just get the next coastway and grab a coffee!

Thanks tsr

Southern Dvr

May timetable looks to the when the 455s enter semi-retirement. From what I have been able to decipher from Real Time Trains the only services booked for 455s will be London Bridge-Coulsdon Town via Forest Hill, London Bridge to Caterham via Tulse Hill & London Bridge to Beckenham Junction via Crystal Palace. These are the only workings I can find timed at 75mph, all other Southern metro workings are timed for 100mph.

Thebaz

What will happen to the 455s? Sent down to the south coast to replace 313s? Sent to Merseyside? Sent to Vic Berry's?

LA50041

Established Member
What will happen to the 455s? Sent down to the south coast to replace 313s? Sent to Merseyside? Sent to Vic Berry's?

Initially theyll be used on less intensive diagrams to give less wear on aging rolling stock. Highly unlikely to head to the coast, more likely to the razor blade factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.