• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2N10 0618 Dumfries to Newcastle - run by Northern Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altfish

I'm staying in the area of SW Scotland so was checking RTT for any unusual trains.

I came across this train ...
.... run by Northern Trains!
It doesn't appear as starting at Dumfries in the Northern Timetable, it is shown as starting at Carlisle.

Anyone got an explanation? There doesn't seem to be a equivalent train the opposite direction to get the Northern stock to Dumfries either.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom

This is a ScotRail service between Dumfries and Carlisle, and a Northern service between Carlisle and Newcastle. The codes probably haven't been set up correctly for this train service.

In the non-Covid timetable, there's a couple of services from Glasgow Central to Newcastle via Dumfries and v.v. that operate on this basis.

snookertam

The first service from Carlisle to Dumfries is a 4 car which splits for two return services. 2L72 is the inward working I believe.

The Dumfries to Carlisle section of the working is a ScotRail service, using a Northern unit but ScotRail crew I believe, it becomes a Northern service on departure from Carlisle.

SargeNpton

Established Member
What should be 2N10 in the long-term timetable appears as a ScotRail service throughout in the timetable data published by Network Rail - but at the moment that is cancelled on all dates through to 11/9/20.

The temporary 2N10 that currently replaces it, running in the same path, is for whatever reason shown in the Network Rail data as being a Northern service throughout.

There is no change of train service code at Carlisle so, for track access charges, etc; the TOC shown as operating it on departure from Dumfries is the same TOC when it arrives at Newcastle.

Adam0984

The first service from Carlisle to Dumfries is a 4 car which splits for two return services. 2L72 is the inward working I believe.

The Dumfries to Carlisle section of the working is a ScotRail service, using a Northern unit but ScotRail crew I believe, it becomes a Northern service on departure from Carlisle.
Them services are actually a northern crew during normal times

Status
Not open for further replies.