• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3 Million posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Where does the number 3,000,000 come from then in the post link? (I am actually a bit confused now!)
That is the post ID which normally increments by 1 with each post created. However, some posts were test posts, others were hard deleted and the numbers haven't always incremented by 1 because of posts that were merged (some manually, some automatically by doublepost prevention) and also missing posts caused by forum software changes; we changed from phpBB to vBulletin some years ago and then this year from vBulletin to xenForo.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
We should perhaps raise a glass to absent friends who contributed to that impressive total. In the time that I've been a member of the forum I can think of three members that have passed away and I dare say there are others that we are not aware of.

Indeed. A very fine sentiment which I echo.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
It has not been deleted it's in the Staff Forum.
I never knew there was a seperate staff forum! What is that for? I thought the staff would just email each other or send each other a conversation on here.

Anyway more importantly we are all itching to know what was the all important post about?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Maybe Blackberry's aren't as popular as I thought they were - but then what can I way as I don't use one

These would only be the older BlackBerry OS devices. Now a BlackBerry device will just be showing as an Android phone.

That said, I still think they're very out of favour and the number of devices in use will still be tiny (just not as tiny).

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
I never knew there was a seperate staff forum! What is that for? I thought the staff would just email each other or send each other a conversation on here.

Anyway more importantly we are all itching to know what was the all important post about?

You'd be surprised how much organisation goes on behind the scenes, we find it easier to have a private forum for this than have to keep track of different conversations and emails.

As to the post, what happens in the staff forum, stays in the staff forum!

A Challenge

Established Member
That is the post ID which normally increments by 1 with each post created. However, some posts were test posts, others were hard deleted and the numbers haven't always incremented by 1 because of posts that were merged (some manually, some automatically by doublepost prevention) and also missing posts caused by forum software changes; we changed from phpBB to vBulletin some years ago and then this year from vBulletin to xenForo.
That makes sense now, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.