• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3 Peaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSN

Hello all,

In looking to go walking this Saturday and Inwas hoping someone would be able to give me a small guide. I'm looking to head to Ribblehead via train then walk to Ingleborough then back down to Horton.

Is there a good route that's marked out or will I need my maps/compass?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shires666

Yes it should come out of the station turn left under the bridge and follow that road towards Ingleton, further down the Road on the left should be a pub (old Hill inn) this is where you will meet the main 3 peaks circular walk route, which goes down the side of the pub and towards the ascent of ingleborough, where you should find plenty of other walkers doing the 3 peaks. From the trig point of ingleborough I think it's around 5 miles back to Horton station which is a well defined and signed pathway hope this helps

Last edited:

RBSN

Yes it should come out of the station turn left under the bridge and follow that road towards Ingleton, further down the Road on the left should be a pub (old Hill inn) this is where you will meet the main 3 peaks circular walk route, which goes down the side of the pub and towards the ascent of ingleborough, where you should find plenty of other walkers doing the 3 peaks. From the trig point of ingleborough I think it's around 5 miles back to Horton station which is a well defined and signed pathway hope this helps

Yeah that's great, thanks!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone know when the Carlise Railway steam engine runs over the viaduct at Ribblehead?

Status
Not open for further replies.