• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

300,000 posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm pleased to say that we have just passed the milestone of 300,000 posts on the forums and would like to thank all of you who have provided valuable content, helped others with their fare enquiries and all other useful posts that have been made!

Incidentally, the past two weeks have been the most popular weeks on the forum in terms of new posts made since our records started back in August 2005 and membership has continued to grow. Additionally, we have had our highest number of hits since those records began over one and a half years ago! In August we also beat our previous record of most users online which was in place for well over a year!

And for some other statistics from the past month:

Busiest hour

Quietest hour

Popular browsers
Internet Explorer - 53.25%
Firefox - 33.1%
Safari - 5.55%
Chrome - 5.27%
Opera - 2.18%

Operating systems
Windows - 90.93%
Mac - 6.16%
Linux - 1.67%

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
A post that was, rather topically, referring to intercourse on a sleeper train IIRC ;)

Pumbaa

Established Member
Nice. Well done all! And yes - I am in the absolute minority with OS, and the middle man with browser. I'm so happy!...

Old Timer

Established Member
Maybe if Firefox actually worked without hassle and the need to be forever configuring and tweaking it when you are trying to browse ?

I tried three times and gave up in sheer frustration because everything I wanted to look at, Firefox was either not configured for it, or the security system would not let me see it.

For example it would not under any circumstances allow me to download the Live365 radio player, and bearing in mind that is a recognised and respected site that was the point at which Firefox was forever consigned to the bin.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can't say I've ever had to change any settings or anything to get Firefox to work. Just been to Live365 now (never been there before) and picked a random station and it started playing!

monkey

^^agree with mojo, never had that problem, or had to go back to ie in a long time...

CCF23

I use Netscape Navigator works fine for me and has been for about three years. Also I'm not surprised that the last two weeks have been busy as new members like Monkey who has made 300+ posts in two weeks :o that has to be a forum record :lol:

monkey

I use Netscape Navigator works fine for me and has been for about three years. Also I'm not surprised that the last two weeks have been busy as new members like Monkey who has made 300+ posts in two weeks :o that has to be a forum record :lol:
...what! :shock: I hadn't realised I was such a postwhore...:roll:

Aye alright -.-

Oddly enough, many of the all time top posters are members which have been long since banned :s

Oh aye?!

EDIT: Now you're on top for a plainly alphabetical reason -.-

EDIT 2: Ah shucks, was looking at the wrong column - you clearly ARE in the lead!

monkey

^^its basically the same as firefox the browser bit. cos firefox is derived from netscape but without all the extra bits most people don't use...

Status
Not open for further replies.