• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3000 applicants so far for TPE trainee dvr jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanc688

I wish it was that!

Northern have changed their policy so that, in a nutshell, if you've taken any parts of the tests in the last six months (and passed) but not the full tests (which includes the mech test) then they won't now allow you to take the remaining parts. The one saving grace is that they've said that they will put me in for the assessments as soon as my six months is up in March. It seems very bizarre to me, I even phoned DBS to see if I could do just the mech test privately but I can't.
So FTPE not doing the mech test has stitched me up.

Mate....I sympathise. That is not only ridiculous, but pathetically bureaucratic!

Good luck !

Lanc
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Manc...To be honest mate....were I in your shoes, I would be writing to the HR Mangager explaining your angst...Do they want decent trainees or what, or do they just want to put more 'anal' obstacles in the way of progress?

PS...If you are prepared to relocate....Keep an eye on the FCC (First) vacancies nxt few months. Or even GA !

Best of luck
Lanc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lanc688

Nice one mate glad to see all was ok with the medical, see you for the 4th Nov start in Manchester :D

Hi mate, I sincerely hope you mean the 4th Feb !

I haven't the details yet, however as the training was to be in Huddersfield I assume that the induction is in Manchester ?

Lanc
Contract received today.....good job really,as I handed notice in yesterday !

Start confirmed as 4th Feb.

Lanc

TheVicLine

I haven't the details yet, however as the training was to be in Huddersfield I assume that the induction is in Manchester ?

Lanc

Lanc

Lol yeah I meant 4th Feb, but the speed this is going 4th Nov might not be that un-realistic :D

TDK

Established Member

Lanc

Lanc

I know a qulaified driver who has a position and he told me that the induction will be in Manchester so he has been informed, he applied for Liverpool

Lanc688

I know a qulaified driver who has a position and he told me that the induction will be in Manchester so he has been informed, he applied for Liverpool

Thanks mate......it really doesn't matter though, as it's only for the first few days.

Contract signed and looking fwd to cracking on with the learning now !

Lanc

Geargrinder

Well done Lanc. I am jealous ! Heard a rumour that ftpe might be taking more trainees in June. Anyone know if thats true ?

Lanc688

Well done Lanc. I am jealous ! Heard a rumour that ftpe might be taking more trainees in June. Anyone know if thats true ?

Hi mate..thanks. Ref the June intake rumour...that was originally what we had been led to believe and I was chasing this up myself, as a June start would have been better for me in the long term.

HR at my interview said that a June intake was no longer certain, however it certainly wouldn't be surprising if there was another intake next year....you never know.

I will keep my ear to the ground!

Lanc
PS good luck with Northern !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.