• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

321366/321448/321xxx failure - 1st May

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuelmorris

Established Member
Travelled on:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G86933/2014/05/01/advanced
on the above units (me in 448 of course), when after what seemed like the anti-slip was being triggered a few times, around Pudding Mill Lane the emergency brakes appeared to be applied - not a pleasant experience in heavy rain when your carriage gets rear-ended by the ones behind!

Although the driver fairly promptly reported the stop as being 'due to a fault with the train', something which an automated announcement repeated later in the journey, he didn't explain what the fault was (no need for most passengers I suppose).

Anyone know what might happened here, and where the fault actually occurred?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Travelled on:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G86933/2014/05/01/advanced
on the above units (me in 448 of course), when after what seemed like the anti-slip was being triggered a few times, around Pudding Mill Lane the emergency brakes appeared to be applied - not a pleasant experience in heavy rain when your carriage gets rear-ended by the ones behind!

Although the driver fairly promptly reported the stop as being 'due to a fault with the train', something which an automated announcement repeated later in the journey, he didn't explain what the fault was (no need for most passengers I suppose).

Anyone know what might happened here, and where the fault actually occurred?

It wasn't a failure otherwise you'd have been kicked off at Stratford. Door interlock momentarily lost which could have been caused by numerous different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.