• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

323s with Northern: Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bovverboy

Established Member
Originally posted in the '319s with Northern' thread.

A Stoke to Manchester was showing 2-car this morning on Journey Check. While not entirely specific to 319s, was this error or did a DMU actually work it?

'Journey Check' says that the 1156 Stoke to Piccadilly is being operated by a two-car something-or-other, so there's nearly half-an-hour available for someone to get to Picc to see what's going on. Actually, 'Journey Check' says that the situation is going to continue for the rest of the diagram.

I clocked the 1854 arrival at Picc and, unsurprisingly, it turned out to be a 323. I say 'unsurprisingly' since I had already traced the diagram back and found that the 1044 Stoke had been formed from the unit standing in Platform 12 - this is the one which usually does the 1721 Stoke, and, of course, it should be a 323. I don't know what ultimately happened to the unit off the 0956 arrival, or the reason for the changeover, but perhaps someone thought that if an EMU was being substituted, it would be being substituted by a 2-car diesel - well, often, it would be!

setdown

At South Parkway this evening, an unrefurbished 150 was making its way to the Allerton depot with “Crewe” showing on its destination blind. Could this have made its way on to Stoke at some point during the day?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Glad one created this thread under Allocations, Diagrams and Timetables. Do 323s have any booked workings to Blackpool North?

Bovverboy

Established Member
323s do manage to get to Wigan, but only if there happens to be a driver around who's trained on 323s. Oh for the days when a GWR 'Hall' could accidentally finish up at Huddersfield.

AMD

The issue at present is that only Lime Street crews sign both the 323s and the route from Huyton north to Wigan and Preston, so that limits the possibilities for the 323s to head that way - hence just the one diagram to Wigan so far.

Bovverboy

Established Member
The issue at present is that only Lime Street crews sign both the 323s and the route from Huyton north to Wigan and Preston

Is Preston the limit of where Lime Street crews go - i.e. not to Blackpool?

AMD

Is Preston the limit of where Lime Street crews go - i.e. not to Blackpool?
Lime Street sign to Blackpool too, but the issue north of Wigan is that a large number of crew diagrams are split at Wigan or Preston on the LIV-BPN runs so it gets very complicated as Preston to Blackpool route is signed by Blackpool, Liverpool, Blackburn, Wigan, Victoria and Buxton crews (Not sure if Leeds do aswell), and it's only Liverpool and Buxton that sign 323s

Bovverboy

Established Member
According to 'Journey Check', just one 323 duty being covered by a diesel (2-car) today - it's currently doing 1128 Liverpool - Crewe.

Bovverboy

Established Member
323s do manage to get to Wigan, but only if there happens to be a driver around who's trained on 323s. Oh for the days when a GWR 'Hall' could accidentally finish up at Huddersfield.

Sorry, memory letting me down again. It was a GWR 'Grange', not a 'Hall', which accidentally finished up at Huddersfield.

Bovverboy

Established Member
I see that today's 0616 Crewe - Liverpool stopper has been delayed (from the outset) as a result of 'passengers causing a disturbance on a train'. Seems a funny time of day for that sort of thing to be happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.