• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

325's back on mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
southy39 said:
no...
doesnt make it worth while going out in the rain to seethe mails if its just 325's pulling themselves.

Only one diagram is going over at the moment, so should still be hauled at least every other night for the time being. After that, back to being topped on an occasional basis like last year-at least its more rateable when it produces unexpected.
12 on s96 tonight

Guinness

Established Member
southy39 said:
no...
doesnt make it worth while going out in the rain to seethe mails if its just 325's pulling themselves.

Still better than no mail on rail! ;)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
1S96 will be 325004, 011 and 016 tonight. Ta to Paul Bigland

southy39

i saw on a wesite that yesterdays southbound (i think) mail was hauled by 87019 and had 2 sets of 3 car 325 stock and the rear unit had its pantograph car back inserted so its the beggining of the end already

Established Member
Well, it was good whilst it lasted. Did last a lot longer than it was originally supposed to, and going out on a high with more loco variety than ever.

Bit of luck the second set diagram may hang on for a while, and i'm sure there will be loco workings every now and then like it was last year.
Hopefully the drivers have got the feel for the "sevens" and will use them more often?

Don't know, but i would imagine once there are enough units are back the fleet will be reduced back to 012 and 019 only.

A plea-please put them in GBRf livery!

southy39

87015 said:
Well, it was good whilst it lasted. Did last a lot longer than it was originally supposed to, and going out on a high with more loco variety than ever.

Bit of luck the second set diagram may hang on for a while, and i'm sure there will be loco workings every now and then like it was last year.
Hopefully the drivers have got the feel for the "sevens" and will use them more often?

Don't know, but i would imagine once there are enough units are back the fleet will be reduced back to 012 and 019 only.

A plea-please put them in GBRf livery!

much more likely mate is that 12 and 19 will be stod down and 87022 and 28 will become the dedicated units.

thats why the orange window surrounds and First logos

however i would imagine that while the 325's are on their own-io they could be hauled to warrington and then run on their own and then hauled back down to willesdon from warrington

Status
Not open for further replies.