• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

365 GN Workings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jq.trains

Just wondered if anyone happened to have the diagrams/knows of the workings of GN 365s since the May timetable change? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

delt1c

Established Member
Used to commute from Kings Cross and have to say for me the 365 was the finest design for an EMU

delt1c

Established Member
Agreed, except on the very, very hottest day
Even on the hottest days, Remember when it was Mk2 aircon and not unusual to be hauled by non ETH loco, all drop lights open and still unbearable. replaced by 317 , very"spacious" 3 + 2 seating ( was this a step up) . Then came the 365 2+2 seating and opening windows, pure bliss.

bramling

Veteran Member
Used to commute from Kings Cross and have to say for me the 365 was the finest design for an EMU

Absolutely, quite a few on here agree with that.

Any design is a compromise between different constraints - maximising seating capacity and comfort versus providing adequate standing room, including getting on and off the train. The 365 achieves this exceptionally well, which is why they've always been at home on metro, outer suburban and express work.

The recent refurbishment has spoiled them a little by removing carpet and providing a slightly less pleasing seating layout, as well as harsh LED lighting, but they still very pleasant to use.

It's interesting that the Northern 323s also seem quite popular, being outwardly quite a similar design.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

I agree with this. I always try and seek out 365s for my GN travels over 700s and 387s although it's getting harder. My preference for travelling on GN is:

700 declassified 1st
700 standard class

Absolutely, quite a few on here agree with that.

Indeed :D

Fuzzytop

I realise there's a fair bit of interworking between Baldock and Peterborough routes, but I'm surprised how few of those workings are running as 12-car.

I've always had a soft spot for the 365s, and they seem fairly reliable for their age - it's sad there's not much work for them anymore.

433N

I realise there's a fair bit of interworking between Baldock and Peterborough routes, but I'm surprised how few of those workings are running as 12-car.

I've always had a soft spot for the 365s, and they seem fairly reliable for their age* - it's sad there's not much work for them anymore.

Given their scottish gap year, perhaps the following caveat should be added : * when maintained at Hornsey

Status
Not open for further replies.